Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Newbie here

Hi guys! Tomorrow i will have a test drive on a new 135i. I just want some advices you guys can give me about the car. Or something you guys want to let me know to look for in the car, some options or anything I will really appreciate your help. Thanks
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '10 335i M-Sport
You MUST get M-Sport or Regular Sport package....the sport seats are awesome!

Take a look at a car that has Comfort Access and see if it floats your boat as some hate it some love it, so give it a shot. Ask to listen to a car with that has Prem Sound & 1 without see if that is an option you would like.

Also dont speak too much, stealerships use the test drive to get info out of you, they will ask questions like "nice car isnt it?" or "do what do you do for work" they are just sizing you up to see how much your going to spend and how far they can bend you over the table and you.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: 128i convertible
Some people find the door handles too far forward for easy door opening and closing. Or they find the window switches too far back. Or they comment that the console is not well positioned and has to be raised for them to easily shift (a manual). You may want to pay attention to the "fit" in these areas. I didn't have any issue.

Jim
Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2010 MB SLK & BMW 135i
Any comments about pricing?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Vegan, not Romulan

Send a message via ICQ to Pete Teoh Send a message via AIM to Pete Teoh Send a message via MSN to Pete Teoh Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Teoh
Mein Auto: ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestCS View Post
Any comments about pricing?
Negotiate for the lowest price you can get.

Seriously though, take a look at the PDFs posted here for dealer invoice pricing. Negotiate up from the dealer's cost instead of down from MSRP. About $500-$1000 above dealer cost is a good deal.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: 128i convertible
I found Edmunds.com to be useful for getting the list, dealer cost, and what they call the fair market value. Doesn't cost anything. Consumers Reports will give you a more detailed set of information but they charge for it.

I got about $1,000 lower prices from a couple dealers that I would judge sell a lot fewer BMWs judging from the size of their facility and number of cars in their inventory. The place I bought from didn't have hardly anything in inventory and never anything I was interested in but they gave me the best price and I am doing PCD so they aren't involved in the actual delivery.

Jim
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM

I drove the car and going to be a proud owner of a 135i White with red interiors with grey poplar trim. 6 speed manual with navigation, acive steering and M sport package. I have not oreder it yet. What other extras or packages should I add or discard. Any advice is welcome.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: '10 335i M-Sport
From what I heard Active Steering will cost you more for tire rotation & Balance (I would call the dealership and verify...if they say it wont take down the person's name and if 4 years down the road they try to make you pay more let them know made you express warranty about active steering)

If you have an IPhone or IPod get the IPOD/USB adapter to listen to your tunes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:38 PM

I do have an iphone. Thanks for the help.