Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 07-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x5
My New X5, Sport lights?

This S(A/U)V is great!! We picked it up yesterday. Steel Gray w/black, prem,cold,Heated SW,climate,PDC,Xenon,Auto the car had 15 miles on it. I know everyone has seen an X5 before but I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get the sport lights (white and red)? Some 4.6 Wheels would be nice too. Any suggestions?

Larry
Ads by Google
Old 07-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Is it litre or liter?

Mein Auto: 02 325i/ 03 X5 3.0 5sp
Crevier sponsors the Toadfly X5 board.
Pacific and Circle are the traditional online sources.

Gotta put in a plug for Cutter! They seem to be trying to gather some support for being a parts place!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:29 AM
I always have an opinion

Mein Auto: '06 325xiT
Not to hijack the thread, but ....

How's the PDC? I love, love, love my X5, but it is harder for me to park than my last vehicle. I think it's mostly because I had that one for so many years that I knew its exact boundaries, but also on the X5 I can't see off the front (I'm pretty small - under 5'3"). I've curbed it backwards once, now and I really don't want to be one of "those" drivers with a dent in the back bumper from hitting some unseen obstacle.

2006 325xiT | Alpine White | Black Leather
Old 07-11-2003, 06:38 AM
X-Rated Cannuck

Mein Auto: none
I've found that if you're moving slow enuf, that once the beeping goes solid, then your ok to stop. When I first got the X5, I had to back it into our small two car garage. The mirrors barely fit through the door and it's tight on all sides. I crapped my pants the first few weeks. But now I've gotten use to it ............. using the mirrors and the PDC. I came from a 2000 328i that I use to just "throw" into the garage. Can't do that with the larger X5
Old 07-11-2003, 10:52 AM
I always have an opinion

Mein Auto: '06 325xiT
I have to fold in my mirrors to fit the X5 into my garage. That's probably the only place that it is easy to park for me - the tennis ball from the rafter tells me when I'm safe to stop, and it's so tight side to side that I have to line it up on the driveway and then just go straight in. I used to drive a 4Runner, and it was just different in size, I guess. Of course, I really can't remember what it was like to go from the Celica to the 4Runner - I imagine I must have had all sorts of trouble, it just was too long ago to recall.

I find that I'm perpetually off center in parking spots, and I scared myself to death hitting that curb last week backing out of a parking spot. A lot of it is just carelessness on my part, and I can work on that. I just wondered about the PDC in general.

2006 325xiT | Alpine White | Black Leather
Old 07-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzer
Not to hijack the thread, but ....

How's the PDC? I love, love, love my X5, but it is harder for me to park than my last vehicle. I think it's mostly because I had that one for so many years that I knew its exact boundaries, but also on the X5 I can't see off the front (I'm pretty small - under 5'3"). I've curbed it backwards once, now and I really don't want to be one of "those" drivers with a dent in the back bumper from hitting some unseen obstacle.
PDC in my X5 works great. The only part that bothers me about it is when entering a garage the side obsticles get "picked" up by the sensors and activate the BEEPS.

Still hesitsant when parking but the systems works great. Constant tone = about 10". Cameras on the front and back would be ultra-cool.....