Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 bmw 323i
Just what I needed....

Just thought id drop a quick post to let you all know im officially pi55ed off. I was happy about getting new koni suspension installed on my car today.....and I was even happier because my GF said she's take it to the suspension shop and wait for it on her day off while i was at work........then at 8:20am today I get a phone call from her all upset....she's been in a bingle!! aaarrrggghhh!!! I havent seen it yet but bumper/grill/bonnet all damaged...only low speed no airbag deployment or bend in the rad support or other nasties...thank god!!....

what a sh!t day

Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
What the f*ck is a bingle? Collision? You Brits & Aussies have some f*cking hilarious words.

Anyway, sounds like it's all cosmetic. That's good to hear. It's unfortunate, but at least the car isn't damaged too bad and your GF isn't hurt.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Search Button Upper Right

Mein Auto: E36 95 325IS Black/Black
Glad its all cosmetic as well, though I'm sorry your day got flipped upside down

Would hate to see your George Foreman hurt!
Bilstien PSS9's / SPC Rear Control Arms / DDM Smoked Corners, Sides, Tails / K&N FIPK2 / CXRacing All Aluminum Radiator w Aluminum Shroud and Electric Fan / Stewart Components Waterpump / Aluminum Tstat Housing / SamcoSport Coolant Hoses / Fan Delete Mod - 14" Electric Pull Fan / UBERGROUND Battery Cable / NGK Ir.IX Plugs / Royal Purple Fluids for; Engine, Differential, Transmission, Power Steering.
. SOLD
MEMBER OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE SECRET CLUB ON THE 'FEST
Old 07-16-2009, 08:31 PM

tks guys!!....yeah a bingle to me is cosmetic and minor.....as opposed to an acca, a stack, a scappy or a proper f*ck up.

and yeah george is fine

hopefully it'll drive real nice with the new suspension and that'll distract me from the battle scars till i can get it to the body shop.....the paint on the bonnet wasnt the best anyhow...
Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
My gf got in a proper f*ck up today. Please teach us more Aussie.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: S FITTY BItty!
Bingle!! ahahh i was like WTF??? Just say she ****ed up your car.!! ahah over here in cali we say ****ed up a lot! glad to hear its just little though! one question... when she told you did you ask if she was okay or the car?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 AM

blimey looks like me shelia has done a right number on this one....

somehow she got the thing home ok, bonnet is bent up and grill busted but i thought it might be ok. so I started it up and i heard the fan rubbing on something....before i could turn it off the fan shattered and dropped out the bottom of the car...got to be towed now i guess i cant open the bonnet to check it out though cos its too farked up.

What i want to know is how did she manage to drive 15 odd miles no probs but the sh!t hits the fan so to speak as soon as i start the thing?? wierd huh??
Old 07-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuahtemoc1 View Post
Bingle!! ahahh i was like WTF??? Just say she ****ed up your car.!! ahah over here in cali we say ****ed up a lot! glad to hear its just little though! one question... when she told you did you ask if she was okay or the car?
actually i asked if the car was totalled.....ive test driven an e36 m3 and an e46 330ci recently.......a write off would have been the clincher....
Old 07-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Life finds a way

Mein Auto: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by youraveragepunt View Post

somehow she got the thing home ok, bonnet is bent up and grill busted but i thought it might be ok. so I started it up and i heard the fan rubbing on something....before i could turn it off the fan shattered and dropped out the bottom of the car...got to be towed now i guess i cant open the bonnet to check it out though cos its too farked up.

What i want to know is how did she manage to drive 15 odd miles no probs but the sh!t hits the fan so to speak as soon as i start the thing?? wierd huh??
I love aussies
John 3:16
Quote:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 AM

haha just hamming it up for you fella's......

you might find sheila a funny name....but i think naming your kid "Randy" is all time funny

well at least this thread made me smile a bit more

Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Don't ask me, I'm a sofa.

Mein Auto: Bostongrün 1995 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
What the f*ck is a bingle? Collision? You Brits & Aussies have some f*cking hilarious words.
Here's an Aussie Bingle I wouldn't mind getting into a bingle with.

"The Reclinermobile" - 1995 320i Boston Green
A word on our sponsors: Iridium sparks thanks to NGK. Wheels will shortly be dressed once again by Yokohama C-Drive. Road is lit by Eagle-Eye 6000K HID, supplemented by 7000K CCFL Angel eyes. HB/Fog have selected to go with Philips 4000K BlueVision. Engine parts choose to slip with Castrol's 20-50 GTX2 dinosaur slime, renewed every 10,000km.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Life finds a way

Mein Auto: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT
Quote:
haha just hamming it up for you fella's......

you might find sheila a funny name....but i think naming your kid "Randy" is all time funny

well at least this thread made me smile a bit more

well while you are at it, lets put some shrimp on the barbie! Crikey that little nipper bit me arm off, that wanker!

ever since I was a little kid I've always had a fascination with Australia and that was the very reason why I bought a Subaru Outback...because Crocodile Dundee promoted them in the commercials I would still have that car now if it hadn't been totaled, so after I sold my BMWs I started looking for another one but I couldn't find one in decent shape or in a manual configuration...so I bought the next closest thing, a Legacy GT. Basically the same car but it has sportier appearance. One day I will visit Aussy world, I have several friends that live there and I can stay at their places when I do visit . The place I want to visit the most there is the opera house, that would be a dream come true
John 3:16
Quote:
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNRC View Post
well while you are at it, lets put some shrimp on the barbie! Crikey that little nipper bit me arm off, that wanker!

ever since I was a little kid I've always had a fascination with Australia and that was the very reason why I bought a Subaru Outback...because Crocodile Dundee promoted them in the commercials I would still have that car now if it hadn't been totaled, so after I sold my BMWs I started looking for another one but I couldn't find one in decent shape or in a manual configuration...so I bought the next closest thing, a Legacy GT. Basically the same car but it has sportier appearance. One day I will visit Aussy world, I have several friends that live there and I can stay at their places when I do visit . The place I want to visit the most there is the opera house, that would be a dream come true
pm me if you are coming down.....theres a nice little place called opera bar you might like,,,

http://www.operabar.com.au/Home/522/n/3/0/0/

we get all those jap high performance versions down here but not as cheap as our nieghbours new zealand....they have no domestic auto makers so no import taxes on euros or japs....toyota, holden (GM) and ford build in aus so thats why we have import taxes....they all make average cars and dont employ that many people....surviving on taxpayer handouts....frankly they should do us all a favour and go bust....that way less tax $$ wasted and cheaper bimmers!!! australia has no real need for a domestic auto industry as far as i can see...

Old 07-17-2009, 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=DNRC;4355303]well while you are at it, lets put some shrimp on the barbie! Crikey that little nipper bit me arm off, that wanker!

QUOTE]

incedently its widely rumoured in australia that "pajero" as in a mitsubishi pajero 4wd (big seller here not sure if sold in states) is the spanish word for "wanker".......ive often wondered if in spain they are sold as mitsubishi wankers?????
Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
Quote:
ive often wondered if in spain they are sold as mitsubishi wankers?????
Old 07-17-2009, 05:41 PM

bingle pics....see fan blades on ground after it shattered on start up.....still not sure how it drove home without doing that though......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bingle (7).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	193649   Click image for larger version

Name:	bingle (11).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	193650  
Old 07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
::scratches head::

How the f*ck did she do that without hitting the bumper???? That's straight talent. Seriously, doesn't look bad at all. The hood will be a bitch to get right, the rest is nearly fine.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 07-17-2009, 06:24 PM

apparently she went under the back of something like this ute pictured.....

no tow bar on it so i think chassis rail was what hit it.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ute.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	193669  
Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 PM

the thermo fan in front of the radiator seems in tact, bonnet wont open....any ideas on what the other busted fan is? is there a second engine fan??