Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTown View Post

Anyone stupid enough to fall for the 'if you don't buy from sales you won't get 'taken care of in service' deserves everything they get. Sorry.
really?

Dealers in CA (specifically some SF bay area and some LA area places), and I know this for a fact, will withhold BMW loaners from service clients who did not buy from them.. These clients will not get 'BMW loaners', but rather rentals- and will sometimes (especially on non-warranty work) be flat out turned down. I won't name names here.

I'm new here, so I haven't been privy to the 'virtual' discussion. Sorry to have brought it up actually, since it is, at the end of the day, an unworkable option. Truly. I used it to hammer home the point that SERVICE is where the money is....

A
Old 07-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
really?

Dealers in CA (specifically some SF bay area and some LA area places), and I know this for a fact, will withhold BMW loaners from service clients who did not buy from them.. These clients will not get 'BMW loaners', but rather rentals- and will sometimes (especially on non-warranty work) be flat out turned down. I won't name names here.

A
That's not really unusual. Quite a few BMW dealer only offer loaners of any kind to customers who purchased their car from them. Loaner car programs are up to the individual dealers. It's not a BMW corporate thing.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
That's not really unusual. Quite a few BMW dealer only offer loaners of any kind to customers who purchased their car from them. Loaner car programs are up to the individual dealers. It's not a BMW corporate thing.
Uh, yeah. I was replying to Seatown who seemed to indicate otherwise.

Quote:

"Anyone stupid enough to fall for the 'if you don't buy from sales you won't get 'taken care of in service' deserves everything they get. Sorry."
Old 07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Now with added pep!

Mein Auto: 2001 E39 M5
Quote:
Uh, yeah. I was replying to Seatown who seemed to indicate otherwise.

But a dealer's first priority is to its own clients right? So many will withhold loaner for people that did not get their car there. I see no problem with that whatsoever.

But anyone that falls for the line "yo wont get looked after in service" and pays more is stupid. Just find another dealer that will give you a loaner
Old 07-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTown View Post
But a dealer's first priority is to its own clients right? So many will withhold loaner for people that did not get their car there. I see no problem with that whatsoever.

But anyone that falls for the line "yo wont get looked after in service" and pays more is stupid. Just find another dealer that will give you a loaner
If a dealer's policy is to withhold loaners (that BMW Corporate provides at steep discount to dealers for warranty work) from 'not-purchased-here service clients' then that dealer has, IN FACT, said "you will not get taken care of in service if you don't buy from us". Are you saying people are stupid if they wind up buying from this dealer versus a cheaper dealer across town because they don't want to drive across town for service?

Last edited by ard; 07-06-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Now with added pep!

Mein Auto: 2001 E39 M5
Quote:
If a dealer's policy is to withhold loaners (that BMW Corporate provides at steep discount to dealers for warranty work) from 'not-purchased-here service clients' then that dealer has, IN FACT, said "you will not get taken care of in service if you don't buy from us". Are you saying people are stupid if they wind up buying from this dealer versus a cheaper dealer across town because they don't want to drive across town for service?

No mate, what I was suggesting was if someone pays more at a dealer because of the threat of not getting looked after that is ridiculous. Who cares what type of loaner you get? As long as you get a decent SA you'll get looked after... They have CEI calls too in service. Of course they will look after you. When you call in for a service the appointment setter will not care where you get the car from, nor will they research any times you came into the store and go ask anyone about the nature of your visits. They will simply book you in.

You will never have to drive across town to get a service simply because you didnt get a car there.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0 si
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Smoochie? I saw that once, I expected better from Robin Williams & Edward Norton...
hey hey hey, watch it.

i liked that movie.

Silver/Black
Premium/Sport/Auto/Xenon/Bluetooth/Heated Seats
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: Texas
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimp View Post
Yeah yeah, blah blah, dork! Spend your 'lawyer money' and go buy a car already, quit wasting time, get a date or something tough guy. All this research BS just means you are afraid to overpay, cheapo! How about you get a recomended CA who won't bend you over too much and put you into the right car, at the right price. There, problem solved smooches! Otherwise, carry on with your research, don't forget to check Consumer Reports, smoochie!

What an AXXHOLE!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto:
Old 07-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Ten2Six

Mein Auto: '11 550i
This thread is still going??, jeez, and I am missing all the fun. I am glad you guys did not hold back letting me have it as I did not hold back giving it to the OP with these silly questions. I am glad some of you got the point of my response.

I am glad to provide over a months worth of entertainment. This made a splash. I did not realize everyone was so sensitive and protective of their newbz. I guess we dont haze the FNGs here who come on with silly questions??!! I've been on the auto forums for over 10 years and FNGs always get hazed but I guess you guys are ok letting this one slide. And for the record, I am not an azzhole, however my delivery might've been misinterpreted that way, just delivering the truth and sometimes truth hurts. I thought that's what the internet is for.

The biggest objection I see in this thread and thus my response is that we have some guy here (consumer) who does not know anything about the brand(assumption based on the posed question), albeit trying to learn, and is not able to afford it without some sort of a deep discount (again assumption based on thread) is coming onto a dealer forum, having the audacity to ask the dealers themselves the tricks of the trade so that he can screw some other dealer out of profits because assumptivelly this is the only way he can buy a BMW. Not a good way to go, no matter how you spin it or who the perceived a-hole is. To the BMW faithful, this is a brand dilution. My suggestion is to OP is to buy used BMW or pay a fair market price for the new one. Better yet, Toyota makes solid vehicles at very affordable prices. I hear Corolla is a fine vehicle.

To the rest of youz who opted to question my character and attempt at ridicule, give it a rest because you are bringing a knife to a gun fight. I just wish I had the time to respond to the feeble attempts but in reality they were just that, feeble, so responses are not worth it. Carry on....discuss amongst yourselves.