Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: 03 Accord (right now)
Looking to Buy and Trading my Accord (2009 328i xDrive)

Hey all,

New poster here! Some background info, I currently drive an 03 Accord EX V6. I'm looking to trade it in and replace it with the 09 328xi w/ Navi and Xenon headlights.

I do have some questions.

1) Is there anything about the 2010 model that would make it worth my while to wait till then?

2) Here's what I configured online---

328i xDrive
Monaco Blue Metallic
Black Leatherette/Aluminum trim
Navi/HD Radio
Xenon Headlights

$39,975.

I have not stepped inside of a dealer yet, but how much below the sticker price should I expect to see?

3) Any tips and advice for me on negotiating?

4) I'm looking to trade my Accord. How much am I expect to get out of that? I check on KBB and it seems that my car is valued at about 9k - 10k. My 2003 Accord has only 37,000 miles on it. I've been taking care of it since day 1.

5) How different will the 328 be compared to my Accord? I absolutely loved my Accord! It was a quiet and solid ride. It had power when I needed it. Definitely will miss it when I trade it.

PS: I'm in the NY metro area.

Thanks for reading this! Looking forward to advice and input!
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 PM
ED experienced member

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl323 View Post
3) Any tips and advice for me on negotiating?
Negotiate from whole sale up, not msrp down. Like how much over invoice can you buy for and price all options on invoice too. Have you looked into European Delivery?
Quote:
4) I'm looking to trade my Accord. How much am I expect to get out of that? I check on KBB and it seems that my car is valued at about 9k - 10k. My 2003 Accord has only 37,000 miles on it. I've been taking care of it since day 1.
Lets take the emotional aspect out of this... the dealer is gonna give you less than auction value of the car. Sell it yourself and you'll get a much better value. The only benefit there is if you live in a state where the sales tax is reduced due to trade in.
Quote:
5) How different will the 328 be compared to my Accord? I absolutely loved my Accord! It was a quiet and solid ride. It had power when I needed it. Definitely will miss it when I trade it.
IMHO, they are very different cars. I used to own a 2004 BMW 325i with ZSP and 2005 Accord LX at the same time. The stability of BMW always blew me away whenever I drove BMW after the Accord.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto:
Have you tried our dealership?