Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 AM

Mein Auto: F-150, 6er or M3 soonish
BMW Select?

Hey. This is my first post so it may be a bit choppy. I have seen post before about the BMW select program but they never really told me what I was looking for. I built a BMW 650i soft top for around 90k. I went to the payment estimator, for the Finance with 5%, a $2,500 down payment on 60 months it came to $1644 per month. And the BMW select with 2500 dollar down payment 60 month term came to $1243 per month, Which I could really use the extra money for savings. I am a real-estate appraiser and make around 6-7k per month. But I drive 1500 miles per week, so I can't lease. I was wondering with the BMW select it say you can, at the end of the term, re-finance the ballon payment, pay it upright, or sell the car back to BMW. Well if I drive 1,000-1,500 mi. per week at the end of 60 months I would have 288,000 miles on my car if I drove 1250 per week. But what would happen at the end, if I had my 650i softop in really good condition and ran great would they still buy it back, and how much do you think for, like could I just walk away with no more bills?
Ads by Google
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM
BMW

Mein Auto: X5 50i
Without sounding mean...IMHO, this is too much car for you payment wise. But to answer your question at the end of the term; you pay off balloon by writing a check for full amount, finance the balloon or trade/sell your vehicle for market value. Whatever you do the balloon needs to be paid off before you can walk away.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Call Ivan @ 973-780-9541

Send a message via AIM to BMWofBloomfield
Mein Auto: Z4MC/540i/Boxster/Supra
I really think you should consider two lower priced vehicles. One for work and one for play. The one for work you can put all the mileage you want on it and the one for play could be a nicer vehicle. Putting 75K+ miles on a 650 in a single doesn't make much fiscal sense.

Ivan Romero
Business Manager
BMW of Bloomfield
973-780-9541
iromero@bmwofbloomfield.com
www.bmwofbloomfield.com