Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
New BMW Brand - i-Setta

guppyflyer
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by guppyflyer

After months of debates and strategy planning, sources close to BMW confirm that a fourth BMW Group brand will be formed. It will be marketed under the name "i-Setta" and the megacity vehicle will be sold under this new brand. Quoting the source, "i-Setta" will be a reimagining of the original cult classic using today's and tomorrows technology to provide urban mobility and sustainability in a lovable modern design wholly inspired by the original."

Sounds fancy? Sure does and in our opinion, this is the best solution that BMW could have chosen in this current economic climate. Creating a new and fourth brand that focuses on electric/fuel efficient cars, will allow BMW to maintain their image of a sport luxury automaker without diluting that brand.

The i-Setta brand will allow BMW to create the Megacity vehicles that are geared towards congested cities. The same source confirms that within the MINI brand, a new electric vehicle will be also sold under the name MIN-i.

Our ED Report

Freude am Fliegen
This article has been viewed 2710 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...04-713466.html
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:36 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2007 530xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
Can't read the article without a subscription.
2007 530xiT -- Titanium Silver / Black Dakota / Nav / PP / Step / Sirius / HD / CWP / CA /Rear shades / 2 Diono Monterey Booster Seats in Pink :>) / Hόper Optik tint -- Ordered 08/19/06 -- Delivered 10/17/06 -- 59 days order to delivery.

"Money is a strange business. People who haven't got it aim at it strongly. People who have it are full of troubles." -- Ayrton Senna

BMW CCA Member
Old 08-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
From the press release -

The BMW Group is the world's leading premium car manufacturer. As we see it, this leads to a particular responsibility.
We believe that premium will have to set clear standards with regards to sustainability.
Which brings me directly to my second point: How are we getting ahead with our strategy?
The general understanding of premium is increasingly defined by sustainability in all its aspects. Customers want to know:
• Is a product made in a resource-friendly way?
• What kind of company stands behind this product?
• Does this company act responsibly and sustainably?

Being able to answer these questions satisfactorily is crucial for a company's long-term economic success – in my opinion.
In the automotive industry, we are presently the company with the best sustainability performance.
In May 2009, BMW Group was once more listed on the FTSE4Good, which is one of the leading sustainability indexes in the world. This means that independent experts have again confirmed our high sustainability standards.
And this is the path we will continue to follow – with our products and how we produce them.
In line with our Strategy Number ONE, we continue to focus our expertise and financial resources on sustainability and new drive technologies.
Let me give you a few examples:
• First: Due to Efficient Dynamics, we have reduced fuel consumption of our BMW and MINI fleet in Germany to an average of 5.9 liters per 100 km. Unlike with the scrappage incentive, BMW definitely benefits from the new, partly CO2-based motor tax – and this is a long-term effect. Due to this tax adjustment effective as of July 1, driving a BMW has on average become more economical. Our BMW 118d is the passenger car in Germany that offers the greatest savings on tax, compared to the previous, only cubic capacity-based taxation.
• Second: At the Frankfurt Motor Show, we are going to introduce innovative concepts that combine sporting flair and efficiency in an even more compatible way. At the same time, IAA marks the kick-off for a comprehensive sustainability campaign that demonstrates what we plan to achieve in the future.
• Third: The sustainable alignment of our company is also the driving force behind our decision to end our Formula 1 activities with the end of the 2009 season.
• Fourth: We have developed the MINI E. Today's largest fleet of electric cars is currently being tested by customers in everyday driving.
• Fifth: Our project i is working on a Megacity Vehicle as well as on new mobility concepts. The Board has now decided: This auto will be launched on the market as a sub-brand of BMW. As BMW is the innovation driver within the Group, the decision for a sub brand under BMW is the most logical step. Details on this topic will be made known later this year.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Mark@EAC
Mein Auto: e39 5
sweet! Always wanted an isetta to play with- maybe I will get a new one.