Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 10th annual Bimmerfest show in Santa Barbara, CA will be held on May 2, 2009 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Mein Auto: E30
Zoned Parking for future Bimmerfests?

I am just going to put this out there; since the organizers know in advance of roughly how many and each model attending why don't they section off the entire area into say, 3-4 groups?
Group one could be the central midway for vendors. Then I suggest an area for pre-1970 cars (group 2), group 3, roughly 1970-1990 (E6-E30), and finally group 4, E36-E65 or something along these lines.
I feel this would encourage much more camaraderie due to the more realistic bond of ownership than merely BMW.
This was my 2nd Bimmerfest in owning my Bimmer for 11 years. There are so many in attendance, that I feel it would make a much more pleasant experience if I was parked closer to cars that were like my own. The exchange of information and ideas would be greater and the comfort level of being around the people that you did not know would grow as the day wore on. I hope my thoughts are heard and welcomed. Bimmerfest is a great event that should only continue to get better with time and planning.
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 740IL
I would agree with you on that 150% put each one in there class and this will also give judges a chance to see all of each models at one time and not 2500 times? lol
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 PM

Smile Didn't even think of that!

Wow, I did not even realize there is a competition going on. This makes my idea sound even MORE logical. Thank you for posting your 2 cents.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Points well taken!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 PM

Thank you for reading. See you in 2010.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 AM
StraightedgeMother****er!

Send a message via AIM to The Otherside
Mein Auto: 1990 325is
Plus it would help new commers like me. Ill be comming from WI and it'll be hard enough trying to fit in somewhere. I think it would help greatly.