Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Mixed
New Z4! - I'd Love to See!

I created some charts for an e89 Z4 M that I would like to see built. I posted them over on ZPost but though maybe some of you might like to see them as well. Brandon of EAS did a beautiful rendering (see below) of an e89 based Z4 M Coupe that inspired me and I hope would inspire you as well. Keep in mind this is a purely hypothetical exercise and we can only hope that BMW changes their minds and builds something along these lines (or better).

I've include a weight comparison chart as well has a power-to-weight-ratio chart. One includes a Z4 M w/ carbon fiber roof skin.

My premises is based on slipping the M3 V8 in the e89 chassis (track: 60.5 v 59.5) and no convertible hardtop. The one thing that isn't very clear is the weight of the M3 with the M DCT so I plugged in a number.

This isn't terribly scientific and there are variables that could not be taken into consideration, such as the possible weight of e85 Z4 M chassis strengthening, or what factors drive the M3 weight to over 3700 lbs compared to a 335i coupe of 3571 (MT). Some things are obvious when you read the specs, but the actual weight of these items is not known. FWIW - just dreaming!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prop z4 01.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	197734   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTWR 1.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	197735   Click image for larger version

Name:	z4mcoupe2010hatch.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	197736  

Last edited by teagueAMX; 08-19-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 535i
A little bit too much rice a roni for my taste