Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
BMW 3 Series Voted most Reliable Car in the UK

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW 3 Series Voted most Reliable Car in the UK

BMW's biggest selling model range, the 3 Series, has been voted the most reliable car in a survey of Britain's vehicle leasing companies. The poll, which covered the reliability history of nearly 900,000 vehicles in 2008, also revealed that BMW was the most reliable manufacturer overall.

In an historic win over the Japanese car manufacturers who traditionally dominate in reliability surveys, BMW topped the charts in this year's annual FN50 reliability survey. The BMW 3 Series was the most rated model for reliability, with the MINI hatch and BMW 1 Series also making the top ten, sitting fifth and seventh most reliable respectively.

The survey compiled by Fleet News looked at multi-marque leasing companies. 881,000 cars were assessed according to the number of breakdowns per 100 of each type of model on each leasing company's fleet. Points were then awarded according to the number of times that brands or particular models appeared in the tables supplied by the leasing firms and also for the position in which they were placed.

BMW honored for EfficientDynamics
News of BMW's success in the FN50 reliability survey comes swiftly after the marque won a trio of important environmental awards in recognition of its EfficientDynamics technologies.

The Energy Saving Trust staged the 2008 Fleet Hero Awards to idenitify companies that have gone to impressive lengths to cut down on fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions. BMW was announced the winner in the 'Industry supplier' category for the introduction of EfficientDynamics. Meanwhile, BMW picked up two awards in the GreenFleet Awards 2008. The marque was presented with 'Car Manufacturer of the Year' in honour of its innovative engineering solutions to modern day motoring issues and 'Green Marketing Campaign of the Year' for its accurate and effective promotion.

FN50 Survey results -

Top 10 most reliable manufacturers
1 BMW 3 Series
2 Honda
3 Toyota
4 Ford
5 Volkswagen
6 Mercedes-Benz
7 Audi
8 Lexus
9 Mazda
10 Vauxhall

Top 10 most reliable models
1 BMW
2 Toyota Avensis
3 Honda Accord
4 Volkswagen Golf
5 MINI
6 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
7 BMW 1 Series
8 Honda Civic
9. Ford Focus
10. Audi A4

Full details of the FN50 survey can be viewed at www.fleetnews.co.uk
More information on BMW's EfficientDynamics technologies can be found by clicking on www.bmwcorporate.co.uk/efficientdynamics
This article has been viewed 4972 times.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Thanks Tim - Nice information to read ..........
Old 01-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Leave gun. Take Canoli.

Mein Auto: 435, Grand Cherokee
Wow, no offense to BMW, but they must have some crappy cars over there. I've had more problems with my BMW in 2 years than I've had with my last 4 cars total.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: BMW M5
Thats true, BMW is one of the finest car. i love my car, and enjoy the ride on it. still remember the day when me and my mother bought it.