Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:38 AM
The one and only

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Post New Member Guide

Hello and welcome to Bimmerfest. This guide will show you how to operate the site to its fullest so you will not encounter any problems navigating.

I) How to find your model

First off, you will need to know your cars model designation. The site is categorized by the car series and the models are divided under that.

If you have a 2002 330i that would be an E46, if you simply scroll down the forum a bit you will find the 3 series section followed by the models under that. Locate the E46 icon and click on that to read topics solely on that model.

II) Other sections

Other than the BMW model section, Bimmerfest has many other sections that have their own purpose.

- After the model section you have "Bimmerfest Regional" section. Here, major areas are categorized and members from those areas post there topics related only to that area. If you live in New York and you want to post a meet coming up, go to the NY/NJ/CT section and start a new topic there.

- Next is "The Best of Bimmerfest" section. Here you can find guides on how to do it yourself in regards to fixing your car, you can ask a dealer any question that you want in regards to a new purchase that you may have, the European delivery section is great for those that want to buy a new bimmer from Germany and plan to go there to do it and much more sections.

- The "Bimmerfest 20XX" section is all about the biggest BMW in history which is held every year in California. At the top of the section there will be the next or current Bimmerfest and under that will be previous events. You will find pictures and videos of all events

- Finally is "Everything Else" section. This includes general auto, off-topic where pretty much everyone lets it all out, the for sale section and others.

III) How to search

Next, many members here read the same topics over and over again and it begins to be tiresome. I will show you how to use the search function of the forum to help you find a certain topic that you are looking for without having to post a new thread and repeat the cycle.

For example, you want to do a muffler delete on your 3 series and you have a question as to how loud it would be. Instead of posting a new topic you can search instead to see if that topic was previously discussed.

In the upper right hand corner you will see the search bar, click on it and type muffler delete.

Next, you will see the search results for muffler delete in that section.

Click on the topics and browse through them. You can see that the first result was about the muffler delete and how it will sound, exactly what you were looking for.

Not only can you search individual sections to find what you need, you can search the entire forum and use the same process. This helps out everyone on both ends.

IV) How to post a topic

If you are unable to find a topic that relates to your problem or if you just want to start a new topic anywhere on the forum click on the "New Thread" button on the upper left hand corner and put a subject and write what you want (please remember to abide by forum rules when you post). When you are done click on "Submit New Thread" or "Preview Post" to check if everything is showing the way you want.

V) Uploading attachments and creating polls

If you have an image that you want to show you can either upload it to imageshack, photobucket or another hosting site and you can use the image that has the href at the beginning or the code that has [IMG]. You can also create a poll and put the question and choices.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope that it helped you to find what you were looking for and how to navigate the site correctly and fully.

-Solidjake

Last edited by Solidjake; 07-18-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Hi Jake

2009 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package and Sports package with 19s.

Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4
Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 AM
The one and only

I'm waiting for this to be stickied
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Freedom

Mein Auto: HOT
stuck!
Old 07-19-2009, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: .
Bimmerfest for Dummies?
- Frank Rizzo
Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: **** you
finally...
Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
its finally a sticky!!

2009 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package and Sports package with 19s.

Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4
Old 08-08-2009, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: 540i & 528i wagon

hi - my husband & & have a 2000 540i (standard) and a 2000 528i wagon (automatic) - he's waited for alot of years to own a BMW and we now have 2!!! we've had the 540 for 4 yrs and the 528 not quite 2 yrs and we love them both!!

we're having issues with the wagon so I'm going to be searching on here for help

oh...and we also have an almost 9 yr old golden retriever named Bimmer!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:27 AM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermom View Post
hi - my husband & & have a 2000 540i (standard) and a 2000 528i wagon (automatic) - he's waited for alot of years to own a BMW and we now have 2!!! we've had the 540 for 4 yrs and the 528 not quite 2 yrs and we love them both!!

we're having issues with the wagon so I'm going to be searching on here for help

oh...and we also have an almost 9 yr old golden retriever named Bimmer!
Welcome to the fest. Be sure to post a new thread on the new members main page and say hello!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 03 525i
boy i wish i had that when i started.i learned the hard way hunt and Peck.did not know what a post was much less how to do it.definitely sticky.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: **** you
Quote:
Originally Posted by team.work View Post
Hi welcome to the fest. great to see u have finally learnt. enjoy
learnt?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 AM

Mein Auto: M3-Imola Red Interior
Jake, How the hell do you have time to put this stuff together?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 AM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar620 View Post
Jake, How the hell do you have time to put this stuff together?
I just do, lol.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: M3-Imola Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
I just do, lol.
Get a job.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar620 View Post
Get a job.
I have a job
Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Bart0sz

zajbiste hehehe
Old 09-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 bmw m3 zcp
Hello, comrades, glad to be here. Subject, bad policeing. Last night coming back from Haub House in Haubstadt, Indiana where I was celebrating my 62nd birthday with a hugh 14 ounce filet . Being a good boy driving the speed limit going thru this little town called Westphalla on Ind 67, my Valintine indicated to me at least some Policia in the area. Not long after, I saw someone obviously checking my speed a 1/4 mile back. I drove the road like I had a Buick with handy plates. Up he comes. Slowly he comes. Then he starts tail gateing me. Zoom he passes at a high rate of speed in a NO PASSING ZONE??????????? Cool, this boy is a Indina State Trooper in a 2010 Ford Mustang . This is not cool. Obviously trying to get someone in to a race. My M3 would fry his butt , not to be. But had some dumb kid, and I would have at 18 ,this is entrapment,
Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL
Looking to buy new 528I

I am a long time Acura TL owner. I have a 2004 TL and my wife drives a 2000 TL. I'm specifically looking for information about BMW reliability. We buy new cars and keep them for 8 - 10 years. So, I'm looking at the overall cost of ownership. I don't need to be sold on BMW's driving experience, etc. I really want feedback on how well a 528i will hold up over the long run.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
They shouted it to the mountains. They shouted it to the oceans. They laughed and said it couldn't be done. And yet.......

Wow! Totally awesome job!!

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Ahh! Fall Weather!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Appears to still be stuck.

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
*rh Cdrh*

Mein Auto: 08 M5 e36 M3 gt40 877hp
Nice work Jake.

You should keep buggin Tim for the next mod slot. He will breakdown eventually and let you in the super secret forum.

****************** __________________------====http://bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)====--------__________________
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe manual sport
New member introduction

Hi all - have just logged on for first time. I'm in South Africa and have been driving BMW's since 1987! I currently have a 2000 325ci with 200 000Km on the clock - I bought it new. Am starting to experience electrical problems and my internet browsing led me here - hope I can get some assistance?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: 94' BMW 530i
Hello!

hello everyone...I am introducing myself here...and I am very, very new to the process
of blogging and threads and such! I have a beemer with some problems and am hoping to find some good advice here! thanks!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerusam3 View Post
Nice work Jake.

You should keep buggin Tim for the next mod slot. He will breakdown eventually and let you in the super secret forum.
Heh, you don't think I'm trying?

welcome to the fest guys
Old 10-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8is--2010 X5M
Just about to get my fourth X5 (2010 X5 M ) which will replace my 2007 X5 4.8is.My 2 previous X5's were 3.0,a 2001 which had many niggling problems,a 2004 which covered 84,000 kms with no problems at all.The change in 2007 to front wishbone suspension has transformed the ride quality with 20inch rubber and I have really enjoyed the 4.8is.The 315/35 20 rears look awesome and the limits of adhesion with this package are well beyond my comfort level! Living in the Prairies with 5 months of winter my biggest problem was getting a good looking,reasonably priced,safe and good handling winter wheel and tire package in 20inch size.Tire Rack,whom I have found very helpful in the past (and who supplied an excellent OZ racing/Bridgestone Blizzak winter package for my Mini Cooper) don't carry much for the X5 (a BBS 20x10 35mm offset--presently on sale for $600 each--and a Sport Edition cheapo)so I went to Big Wheels.net and found the owner incredibly helpful.I had decided to use Beyern wheels since they are BMW specific (made by the TSW group) are hubcentric and use all original hardware.The 2007 X5's needed a different centre bore from the earlier models but with research and help from bigwheels.net ,who conferred with TSW,I obtained 4 Beyern" Mesh "wheels in hyper silver,front 20x8.5 offset 20mm and rear 20x10 offset 25mm. TPMS sensors were sourced from my local dealer (Dilawri BMW) and the winter tires(which took 5 months to get!)are Toyo Open country G-O2 plus 275/40x20.This setup looks great,is H rated, and the ride ,handling ,dry,ice,snow and rain performance are exemplary and I recommend it to anyone.I will attempt to post a photo of this combination as soon as possible.Note these are not runflats and Pirelli now has a Scorpion Ice and Snow tire in runflat 275/40x20 and 315/35x20.Good luck finding any of these in Canada (I just checked with 1010 tires who are sold out of the 275/40x20 until next year).Good old Tire Rack does have them however and I just ordered a set at $315 each.I am not sure about the 315/35x20 as winter rubber since it is difficult to find aftermarket 20x11inch 37mm offset wheels unless you buy from Bmw at $1000 each or switch winter / summer tires on the original rims.