Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:09 PM
daveyto

Send a message via Yahoo to daveyto
Mein Auto: 2003 540i 6 speed
My wife and I test drove a forester xt and an x3 and the x3 blew it away in every aspect even speed.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 2.0d MT
I tried XC60 T6 and generally liked it. The city anti-crash system is fun. I scared my passengers a couple of times when I let XC60 brake by itself

The only problems were: it felt too soft for my taste and the interior plastic is too cheap for a vehicle in that class. Still like my X3 a lot more....
Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 e46 330xi
Actually I just got myself a brand new 2009 X3 with premium.

Tried the glk and had a look at Q5.

I have an M package 2004 330xi now that I really love and will have a hard time letting it go.
It's just that is getting a bit old and here in Canada the salt on the roads kills the cars.

I was looking for more space but didn't want to completely give up the sports handling of my 330xi so I was looking at the 328i X-Drive touring (wagon).

I went first to see the Q5 it's nice but not as nice as it looks on paper. Also the dealer had a waiting list and was not negotiating at all (i tried two dealers) so that was out of question.

I went and tried the glk, nice car, good lease price, but it has a small cargo area and it drives like a mercedes (except amg) smooth and boring it had no acceleration.

After went to the bmw dealer to see the wagon and he said why not have a look at the X3 I said because is too expensive and he said I can give you a good deal.

So he gave me 5k off the msrp and 2.9% lease. There is no way I could find a better deal on any other brand.

It has the best handling and acceleration I have ever seen in a SUV (didn't try the Cayenne or X5 V8), the interior is very nice, love the fact that it doesn't have wood (I don't want to drive furniture ) and the moon roof is great oh and the cargo area is huge.

Would never consider Volvo I find that is for old people.