Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
Extended Waranty
acenines3

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by acenines3

FYI, this press release was posted today regarding the purchase of extended warranties.

BMW ULTIMATE SERVICE - Maintenance Program Upgrades Now On Sale for All BMW Models
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - March 31, 2009... BMW of North America announced
today that all BMW models are now eligible for purchase of a Maintenance
Program Upgrade which extends BMW's standard Maintenance Program period to 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first (excludes ALPINA B7).
Vehicle owners may purchase the two-year Maintenance Program extension from an authorized BMW Center during the first four years after the vehicle's in-service date or 50,000 total miles, whichever comes first. MSRP for the extension ranges from $1,395 to $2,995, depending on the model. For a small surcharge, the period to enroll a vehicle is extended through the fifth year of vehicle age or 60,000 total miles. Most recently BMW made the M3, M5, M6, and Advanced Diesel models eligible for Maintenance Program extensions.
This article has been viewed 3689 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acenines3 View Post
FYI, this press release was posted today regarding the purchase of extended warranties.

BMW ULTIMATE SERVICE - Maintenance Program Upgrades Now On Sale for All BMW Models
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - March 31, 2009... BMW of North America announced
today that all BMW models are now eligible for purchase of a Maintenance
Program Upgrade
which extends BMW's standard Maintenance Program period to 6 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first (excludes ALPINA B7).
Vehicle owners may purchase the two-year Maintenance Program extension from an authorized BMW Center during the first four years after the vehicle's in-service date or 50,000 total miles, whichever comes first. MSRP for the extension ranges from $1,395 to $2,995, depending on the model. For a small surcharge, the period to enroll a vehicle is extended through the fifth year of vehicle age or 60,000 total miles. Most recently BMW made the M3, M5, M6, and Advanced Diesel models eligible for Maintenance Program extensions.

Just to keep things clear. The Maintenance Program is just what its name implies, a maintenance program. It is NOT a warranty. It covers maintenance. It does not cover things that break or fail.

"For even greater protection, we offer the optional BMW Maintenance Program Upgrade.**

If your vehicle is eligible, you may be able to purchase an upgrade, which provides your vehicle with 2 years/50,000 miles additional maintenance coverage. When purchased, this upgrade extends your total maintenance coverage period up to 6 years/100,000 miles."

"To receive applicable maintenance services at no cost, just schedule an appointment at your local authorized BMW center while your vehicle is covered by the maintenance program. Your BMW center will determine and perform the needed factory-recommended services that are covered by the BMW Maintenance Program."

"The factory-recommended maintenance service items listed below are covered when required at specified service intervals, on eligible BMW vehicles during the applicable BMW Maintenance Program period:

Engine oil change and filter replacement
Vehicle inspections or check (per the applicable service maintenance checklist)
Cabin dust microfilters fresh air and recirculating
Air filter replacement
Brake pads (front/rear)
Brake discs (front/rear only in conjunction with a covered brake pad replacement)
Brake fluid replacement
Engine drive belts
Windshield wiper inserts (front and rear)
Manual transmission clutch disc
Manual transmission oil (only in conjunction with an applicable engine oil and filter replacement)
Spark plugs
Oxygen sensors
Fuel filter (diesel engines only)
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) drain and refill (only in conjunction with a covered engine oil and filter replacement)
Running-in check at 1,200 miles (BMW M vehicles only)
Reset the maintenance system

A factory-recommended maintenance service item interval is determined either by the model-specific BMW Maintenance System (Service Interval Display or Condition Based Service), and/or upon examination and assessment for wear and tear of covered components during a vehicle inspection."

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ceprogram.aspx

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 04-16-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
i'm confused-- is this different than the extended maintenance that they currently offer? seems the same to me . . . Kash

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter
Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Ich liebe mein BMW

Mein Auto: 89 E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashrahman View Post
i'm confused-- is this different than the extended maintenance that they currently offer? seems the same to me . . . Kash
No. It's just that many people confuse the extended maintenance and the extended warranty. tturedraider was pointing out specifically what the maintenance program covers.
-2002 M5 LeMans Blue on Black. Rear Sunshade, M-Sound, Heated Seats, Xenon, PDC
-2004 M3 Convertible. Silver Grey on Grey. SMG, Nav, HK Sound, Heated Seats, Xenon
-2007 335i Jet Black, Terra Leather, Premium, Sport, Step, Paddle, Nav, Comfort Access
-2006 525i Black Sapphire Metallic with Beige, Manual, Nav, HUD, PDC, Xenon
-2002 325i Orient Blue Metallic, Beige interior, Manual, Sunroof
Old 04-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashrahman View Post
The change is that BMW is offering the plan on more cars than it used to. Previously some cars were excluded from the extended plan.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
thanks! reread the press annoucement -- M and diesel models now included . . . kash

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter
Old 06-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: 325Cic
The spread in the cost seems wide. It said depending on model so you would think the 7, 6 and 5 series are at the high end but I was charged the $2,995 for a 325cic. More wear and tear in this series. Why?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: nothing now
Relative to extended maintenance

...you mention it covers clutch disc...does this mean if clutch goes out the clutch job is free. Isn't that normaly a $3000 job, labor and parts...anyone know...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: nothing now
cost of maintenance extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie one View Post
The spread in the cost seems wide. It said depending on model so you would think the 7, 6 and 5 series are at the high end but I was charged the $2,995 for a 325cic. More wear and tear in this series. Why?
...you got ripped but nowhere as bad as me...i have never bought a warranty extension in my life. they are money machines for seller. 50 yrs ago i worked for sears in major appliance, i saw many men fired because they didn't shove extra service contracts down customers throats. now i am very experienced, bought my wife a new 2008 535, took finance because it was 2.9%, the contract guy was slick and i was asleep. his suggested that i could extend the 4 yr guarantee from 50m to 100,000miles for $2600 and it would be slipped into the payments...because car was for wife, I bit like a fish...2 wks later i found out nothing mechanical brakeage was covered...immediately tried to cancell...BMW usa said stick it in your ear...i have made enough stink dealer has offered (you know the fable we did nothing wrong but just this one time) $5000 reduction on any new car...I told them to stick in their ear. Mercedes-B has asked for my permission to use my file in training, they got it...