Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
BMW News (New 3 & 7 series, Z4 and 7-speed DCT for 335i and 335d)
Barcius
Barcius

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by Barcius

The auto show season is just about to kick off and it looks as though BMW is ready for the new season with a host of planned reveals. According to a new report, BMW plans to show no less than five new and concept vehicles at the next two shows.

BMWs parade of debuts will start at Octobers Paris Motor Show. According to Edmunds, BMW will reveal the lightly freshened 3-series, as well as the all-new 7-series. In addition, look for BMW to also show an ActiveHybrid version of its new 7-series in Paris.

It is also believed that the German automaker will unveil a concept version of its X1 SUV at the Paris show. Although the car will technically be labeled a concept, we expect it to be a clearly hint at what the production model will look like.

Once the show season moves back to the U.S., specifically sunny California, BMW will unveil its latest drop top. According to Edmunds, BMW is planning to unveil its all new Z4 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

In another bit of BMW news, it is being reported that BMW will offer its news seven-speed dual-clutch transmission on its U.S.-spec 335i and 335d models.

2008 BMW X5 4.8i/Space Gray Metallic/Gray Nevada Leather/Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim/Sport Package/Premium Package/Cold Weather Package/Technology Package/Ipod and USB Adapter/Running Boards/Satellite Radio

Retired: 2004 325i Orient Blue/Sand Leather/Wood Trim/SMG/Premium/Sport/Navigation/Xenon/Premium Sound
This article has been viewed 3518 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 e38 728i sport
electrical gremlins

can anyone tell me if anyone has been through the nightmare i have with my 728i sport.the first problem i had was the battery drain which i solved by removing the fuse for the tv display so screen is now blank then the electric sunroof has stopped working then when i lock the car the alarm goes off unless i lock it with the key on the deadlock. bmw rydale couldnt figure it out but were happy to charge for time ooking at it 3 days im now running out of ideas to fix it can anyone please help i will be very gratefull thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: chev
Yes I just found this at NHTSA for recalls

I am not great with attachments for some reason here bUt there will be two if I get it right
Ok the second one did not come thru, but it was the short part of this letter. This was updated to the NHTSA on 09/14/2009.
This is whats going on. This is really dangerous. No wonder BMW is the only one that offers 4 year/50,0000 on all cars. That might explain why the premium Z4 2009 stereo so some have said is not that great. Would draw to much power. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CL-10281683-7048 BMW Recall N54.pdf (67.7 KB, 230 views)

Last edited by sammie; 09-21-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: nothing now
2002 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleddyn1316 View Post
can anyone tell me if anyone has been through the nightmare i have with my 728i sport.the first problem i had was the battery drain which i solved by removing the fuse for the tv display so screen is now blank then the electric sunroof has stopped working then when i lock the car the alarm goes off unless i lock it with the key on the deadlock. bmw rydale couldnt figure it out but were happy to charge for time ooking at it 3 days im now running out of ideas to fix it can anyone please help i will be very gratefull thanks
i don't want to hurt your feelings but here is what i would do. either fix everything practical to do or sell as is with honest disclosure and fair price. the 7 series of 2002 is on consumers guide list of cars to avoid due to chronic unreliability. this is now the clue for 7 series owners to chime in, that their 7's are the bestest cars ever done. consumers guide has no dogs in the fight and they do recommend many models and year BMW's. Their facts are based upon tried and true research of owners...save yourself the future expensive grief...