Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Living my Ultimate dream

Mein Auto: 2007 335ic, 2009 X5 3.0
Anyone hardwired their Valentine One to your E70?

I have a Valentine One radar detector and have it hardwired to my 335i coupe. I'd like to do the same for my X5. The 335i has the fuse box located just behind the glove box, so installation of the wires and connection to an open fuse was pretty simple.

Is there a fuse box for the X5 under or behind the front dash? I think I saw a fuse box located behind a panel on the left side of the cargo area - next to the stereo amp. If that's the only fuse box, I probably won't bother with hardwiring. I don't think i want to run cable that far from the dash.

Also, has anyone seen a DIY on hardwiring a Valentine One to an E70? This is a DIY post I followed for my 335i: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17506 (start at post #9).

Thanks for any help.

2009 E70 X5 3.0, Monaco Blue / Tobacco Leather / Dark Burl Walnut / Sport
Premium / Technology / CA / Sirius / iPod / Comfort, Heated seats / Running boards

2007 E92 335i, Space Gray / Black Leather / Gray Poplar
Sport / Premium / AT / Nav / CA / Sirius / iPod / Heated seats / Dinan flash
Ads by Google