Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
I saw these, Look like X5's
AdamNCNN

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by AdamNCNN

Sorry for the shoddy pics, all I had was my phone....

They appear to have similar body lines to the current production, but with round tail lights and a little different front. But most importantly, I dig the camo.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0029.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	203660   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0030.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	203661   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	203662   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0034.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	203663  

This article has been viewed 4623 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 AM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
I think that's the new X1. Looks like you caught in the US for the first time for whatever testing/whatnot they're doing. Good catch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw-x1-Marrakesh-Brown-24.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	203674  
Old 10-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmr View Post
I think that's the new X1. Looks like you caught in the US for the first time for whatever testing/whatnot they're doing. Good catch.
Based on the OP's location in South Carolina I'd say those are probably the new X3. Its proportions have grown since the X1 is on the horizon. BMW is pushing production of the new X3 up by a year to this coming spring to compete with the new Merc GLK and Audi Q5.

The X1 isn't being camo'd anymore. It is about to start production for Europe this year, even though we won't get it until next year.

btw - the round tail lights are part of the camo.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 10-04-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
I suppose you may be right, tturedraider. If that's the new X3, it will look very similar to the X1, or so it would appear (comparing the X1 picture to OP's #4).
Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 AM
*rh Cdrh*

Mein Auto: 08 M5 e36 M3 gt40 877hp
I agree with tturedraider.

It looks like the new X3.

****************** __________________------====http://bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)====--------__________________
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Based on the OP's location in South Carolina I'd say those are probably the new X3. Its proportions have grown since the X1 is on the horizon. BMW is pushing production of the new X3 up by a year to this coming spring to compete with the new Merc GLK and Audi Q5.

The X1 isn't being camo'd anymore. It is about to start production for Europe this year, even though we won't get it until next year.

btw - the round tail lights are part of the camo.
Pretty sure the X1 is in production, if not it has to be close. They had 3 or 4 of them out on display in Welt when I was there on the 3rd. 1 sDrive and the rest were xDrives. They also had an X5 M on display.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 07 E92 328i,11 135i,10 Fj
I love the camo wrap on those. That was very cool that you had your camera.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Bigbadbull Send a message via MSN to Bigbadbull Send a message via Yahoo to Bigbadbull
Mein Auto: 530iXT
X3's... As was stated already , Bmw is in a Rush to move the production up to compeat with Audi,Volvo,MB, and Acura , and they have transferd the production from Austria ( Styer Magna) to the SC facility.

I was a bit shocked to see the X1 being built outside the USA, since BMW is trying to build all the SUV/SAV's in one plant.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 06 Z4 3.0si
I just thought they were neat with the camo I do wonder why they would camo a X3 though. And the rear body lines don't match anything I have seen from BMW before. The round rear gate makes it look like this one: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n.../photo_02.html
Old 10-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Special Agent

Mein Auto: Depends on the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbull View Post
X3's... As was stated already , Bmw is in a Rush to move the production up to compeat with Audi,Volvo,MB, and Acura , and they have transferd the production from Austria ( Styer Magna) to the SC facility.

I was a bit shocked to see the X1 being built outside the USA, since BMW is trying to build all the SUV/SAV's in one plant.
The X1 is really a version of the current 3 Series and was the replacement of the outgoing X3 on some levels- the current X3 is based on the E46 3 Series and is on a dated platform which has cost BMW sales and the ability to update it effectively. They did not want to have the same issue arise at the end of the next X3 so they opted to base it on the future 3 Series platform, the X3 will usher in the next generation platform. While the X1 will be cheaper to produce and remain an entry level vehicle; the systems are already in place and have been designed so it was just packaging them in a vehicle the new X3 is all new.

I hope that makes sense... also the X1 is really designed as an EU product with the size and options so it make sense to build it there.

-M
2006 325i ED 8/29/05: Retired