Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorcook View Post
i love my 328i and it's been great in plenty of snow. I have a 40 mile commute (40 miles each way) and i travel from ma to nh. I am one of those who like my choice. I think the awd is great, yes. But i also think you only really need it if you are going up hill in snow at slow speeds on a regular basis. Thus, if you have a sloped driveway, if your driveway isn't normally plowed, if you go to ski areas a lot, the awd is the way to go.

Otoh, rwd can work great in winter areas like mine with a good set of snows. The car is lower, lighter, quicker, and can be more fun. It's also a bit less complicated. I don't think the awd system will go bad on you, but it is one more system that can have problems.

I also readily admit that i am in the minority here. The only way i could find rwd with a mt was to order it. So the overwhelming local vote is for awd automatic.

Whatever you choose, i'm sure you'll be very happy with the car. All best wishes.
+1