BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

241K views 399 replies 209 participants last post by  Six-Demon-Bag 
#1 ·
The "I'm looking/shopping for a 6 series" and have some questions thread....

what up fellas i just finished payin off this car ive had for a about 2 yrs. i see like 05 06 6ers for around 40 45. besides the sick look of the ride any body wanna add something to further convince. the price and looks got me already. Thanks.

#42 ·
Love My 6

I love my 6 Convert. I had a 330ci convertible and hated it. Only did 2000 miles in it and it sat in the garage. My husband brought a 650 coupe and when I drove it fell in love, until the dealership called me and said they had a 645 convert come in and did I want to see it....She drives totally different to my husbands with the roof up shes a lady with the roof down shes a bitch. Love driving this car so much and she handles the road and corners like a dream.

I used to work for BMW in the UK back in the late 80s when I was 18 and didnt appreciate the brand or the car and vowed I would never want one....How wrong was I

TextJade

#43 ·
I love the 650i and the power and looks of the M6 even more! At first I thought that I wanted an M3 but after driving the 650i and M6 today, the six won me over the M3. It is nicer inside and smoother engine.
Now the M6 is a race car in its own league with that ferocious V10 engine!

#44 ·
i just bought a 08 650i for my dad.........and hes telling me that he has a moonroof and the button for opening and closing it but it stays closed all the time. The dealer told him the previous owner had it specially ordered where it wont open and close. Is this possible??

#46 ·
I would think so if they did nothing more than disconnect the switch from the moonroof. I would think you can simply pop the small panel the moonroof switch is in and check. (I remember it being it pretty easy when I put in a homelink years ago in a previous coupe.)

#45 ·
Looking at 2005 645ci and have questions

Hello everyone,

I am new here :)

I went to the BMW dealer on saturday determined to order a 335i coupe and ran into a 2005 645Ci (CPO). I really was stunned by the car and am now thinking about buying it this week. I desperately need some advice as I have not researched this model thoroughly. So I am not sure if I am missing anything.
Some facts:

The car is priced at $37000, has 22000 miles on it (two owners). The Carfax report that the dealer showed me shows no problems, the CPO checklist shows no issues whatsoever.

The car is black with chateau red interior, Nav, HUD, active steering, sports package and some other goodies (I can't remember).

My main concern is that I live in Minneapolis so there is some snow here (not as much as in the norttheast though), so RWD car was something I had never considered before. But I am thinking about getting some good snow tires (any recommendation?) On the bright side, it is pretty flat here so no hills to climb. Does this make sense?

How does the deal sound to you? The price seems very attractive to me but this also makes me concerned about whether there is some hidden problem with the car. I never bought a CPO before so I am not sure how reliable it is. Although I do have an X3 and have been very happy with BMW service in general (but go to an other dealer for service).

Thanks for any help! Really appreciated.

#48 ·
i just got this 65 cic with smg and its fun a car, smg is cool, the last time i drove a manual was when i was a teen and its a great feeling.

#49 ·
Okay, I am sold on a 6er, never been a fan of convertibles, but must say the 6 vert looks awesome even with the top up. I don't have either right now, and fixed to this economy so at least another 6 - 9 months before I can realistically pull the trigger. And then it will definitely NOT be new. I'm seeing quite a few under 30K these days, (04's & 05s) 45K to 75K miles. Planning to keep my existing car for daily use, etc. 6er will be my toy. What I don't know (Never owned a BMW) what's it going to cost to maintain ... especially with that age, I'm guessing the excellent warranty is probably gone by then. So what mechanical issues should I look for. I already know it cost a grand to replace tires, but what other things go bad.

Thanks

#50 ·
Sorry for being a nub and all but I have one more question. So I took a better look at my fathers 650i(suppose to be sports package), and he has Chrome window trim!! I tried searching on the forums to see if that is even possible and found out it's not. It was odd to me because he has the Bucket seats and the 10 spoke 19inch rims! Thanks in advance~! :]

#51 ·
Does it have the adjustable lowe part of the seat. Forget what it's called. Also is it ossibly an individual?

#53 ·
i got the 04 49K miles 645ci last week with SMG and 2 days after delivery, the smg hydraulic pump failed
thank god its only a 350$ part but a 450$ labor. the dealer fixed it for me since i just got it from him.

but i love it, the smg is fun.

#56 ·
Check the other 6er threads or start a new one. Everyone is generally helpful, but may not look at this thread. I just happened to see a new post date.

By the way, the car is wonderful! Don't know about the automatic, but I love the manual.

#57 ·
Looking for support. Can't find a way to say no.
I'm brand new here boys. I'm getting away from Acura's and have been debating bimmers for years. Ready to make the plunge and a deal has almost fell in my lap. I have a co-worker who has a 7 and a M6. He's looking to move the 6 for what I think is a very reasonable price. I've searched independantly and found the price to be about spot on with what's being offered elsewhere. I have yet to contact the local BMW dealer for more reassurance. Thought I'd check with the hardcore bimmer lovers first. It's a 07 hardtop, M6 with some tech goodies inside. 27k miles. I'd be 3rd owner. Black with grey int. MT. No heads up display. Of course it's clean top to bottom, minty. He's asking 60k. It's not for sale anywhere yet. This was a private discussion and this price was off the cuff. I almost fell out of my chair and bought it then. Thankfully I didn't loose my mind...possibly my wife in the process. I'm gonna take my time, but don't want to let this one get away either. What do you guys think?

#58 · (Edited)
Look here for a list of available manual CPO 650s http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/cont...H0xEp+kV7vIm/QrRHN3hnniiV3mi+OdfmJUzz4yYtqk4H. If you can afford the extra money, it's definitely better to get a CPO.

I found one M6 in MD asking $61k with 18k miles and:
Factory Certified by BMW, 6yr/100,000 Mile BMW Factory Warranty Expires 07/28/2013, 4yr/50,000 Mile BMW Free Maintenance Program Expires 07/28/2011, Free 24hr BMW Roadside Assistance, Free Service Loaner, Free Carfax History Report, Factory Options: 6 Speed, Heads Up Display, Sirius Satellite Radio, Comfort Access, Parking Distance Control, In Dash AM/FM/CD, Silverstone Leather Interior

Also, going for the 650 instead of the M will save you some money and get you a great car with possibly fewer miles and a longer warranty. Go to the regular 650 boards and start a thread asking about differences between the two cars. I'm sure you'll get some good responses.

And here's one at Perillo BMW in Chicago http://www.perillobmw.com/site/used_inventory_search/2008-BMW-6-Series-650Ci Sport-v547362.html It's been there a long time (at least since Sept when I saw it), so if you like it, they'd probably give you a great deal. And, by the way, it's kind of fun to go to a place, buy the car and drive it home.

Good luck!

#61 ·
The vert is the way to go, I highly recommed to get one with at least to years of factory warranty, the car communication computer or CCC on this car seems a bit moody, if it goes out it will not be covered under CPO, and will set you back at least $2K + labor. Other than that there is no better looking vert out there.

#65 ·
Bmw 650 for sale

My lease is up soon. Lowered the car & put eisenmann exhaust tip. Has m6 20' rims. Dont want pay penalties. Car is in perfect condition. Owner of a car wash so the paint looks great.( Not too many miles. Under the lease mileage agrrement. Want to sell for $38,000. Anyone interested???

Contact andy

(213)819-6256

Attachments

#69 ·
lol you might wanna post some pictures of it

#70 ·
FS 2006 BMW 650i

Here are some pictures of my 650.

any other question or request. .please feel free to email me
*wheels are not included.

albd.susanto@gmail.com

Thank you guys

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.