Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 14 X1 xdrive28i
2010 x5

After placing an order for an X3, my wife and I decided we wanted a bigger car. To make a long story short, we wound up ordering a 2010 X5. I know that there will be some changes in standard equipment but does anyone know what the changes will be? In addition, I read that the front will look more like an X6 and there will now be LED brake lights, can anyone confirm these 2 changes? Thanks
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshotel View Post
After placing an order for an X3, my wife and I decided we wanted a bigger car. To make a long story short, we wound up ordering a 2010 X5. I know that there will be some changes in standard equipment but does anyone know what the changes will be? In addition, I read that the front will look more like an X6 and there will now be LED brake lights, can anyone confirm these 2 changes? Thanks

The front and taillight changes will be 2011, not 2010. You will see no styling changes in the 2010 model.

Not much else changes for 2010. Roof rails now an option for $100, the old Sports Package is gone, and has been split into two independent options at a much higher total price, (1) adaptive suspension, and (2) Cosmetic bits and pieces.

New idrive system is standard.

No gray interior available. Saddle brown interior becomes a "regular" option.

Top view is added to the rear camera, tech package price raised $200 as a result.

SIRIUS radio lowered in price to $350, HD radio standard.

Heads up display price raised $100

Automatic high beam option added.

That's most of it..
Old 10-10-2009, 06:47 PM

Thanks for all the info. I can't wait for mine to be built!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the info. I can't wait for mine to be built!

Mine is scheduled to be complete 10/13
Old 10-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:

You've ALREADY ordered a vehicle- with NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE ORDER- and you are asking US to compare what is standard in a X3 to what is standard in an X5?

Oh my....

Do you have any idea what you are paying?
Old 10-11-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
You've ALREADY ordered a vehicle- with NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE ORDER- and you are asking US to compare what is standard in a X3 to what is standard in an X5?

Oh my....

I didn't order it with much, just cold weather and rear climate packages and I was told that the pricing would be the same as 2009.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post

Oh my....

You might want to re-read the post. I know what I ordered and I wasn't asking anyone to compare what is standard int teh x3 compared to the x5 I already got that info from BMW usa. However, there is no info on teh 2010 yet so I was asking for info on changes to the 2010 X5.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: a bit of everything
There's not one of us that has a vehicle on order that knows with 100% accuracy as to what the 2010 will look like, or what options are included. Ease up a bit, ard.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
There's not one of us that has a vehicle on order that knows with 100% accuracy as to what the 2010 will look like, or what options are included. Ease up a bit, ard.
Thanks Scot.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Mars, you may want to check out the Cayenne "S" you might be surprised at what you get for the price! The Cayenne fits nicely between the X3 and X5 in size and is cheaper than the X5.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

I guess it was all mixed in one paragraph- the reference to the X3, the request for 'changes'... no comment on 'as compared to the 2009'... one change I am pretty sure of is no roof rack as a std feature.

For pricing (not that you explicitly asked, but), Invoice is 50,070. You get the 4500 off for ECO credit, then add in MACO in your area and 500-1000 for profit. A good deal is about 46,300... OK deal is 46900.

I'd say we will see reports here of the first 2010s prior to your build... although maybe too late to make changes. And, I'm guessing, nobody will reject their 2010 and say "Wow, I'd have taken it with the 2009 features but this new stuff is just horrible!"

A
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Thanks again. I looked at the Cayenne but the car is for my wife and she loved the X5 as soon as she drove it. We have an x3 and a touareg now and my wife thinks the Cayenne was an over priced Touareg. X5 is better looking and BMW had better financing options so they got our business.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 AM

One more question. The sales person at one of the daealers we went to told my wife that keyless entry would be standard in 2010.......has anyone heard this? I would like it to be true but somehow I doubt it.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
One more question. The sales person at one of the daealers we went to told my wife that keyless entry would be standard in 2010.......has anyone heard this? I would like it to be true but somehow I doubt it.
It is not true. If it were, I doubt they would be offering the "Comfort Access" option on the 2010 option sheet for $1,000.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks again. I looked at the Cayenne but the car is for my wife and she loved the X5 as soon as she drove it. We have an x3 and a touareg now and my wife thinks the Cayenne was an over priced Touareg. X5 is better looking and BMW had better financing options so they got our business.

Same here... I looked at the Cayenne, but to get the same power one would need to spend much more, and it was a gas guzzler... plus to get the same interior comfort it was also much more. Finally, it is for the wife and she like the X5 better.

Plus I was tired feeling like paying for Porsche service (how dare you ask how much!) is a privilege....

A
Old 10-11-2009, 02:38 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
Quote:

The Prius has it so why should the BMW for twice the price offer it?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Well the Cayenne can run up in price. However the base 290 hp engine with the manual 6 speed is cheaper than the base X5. With automatic it is only $500 more. Of course in the Porsche you get leather standard as well as a very large list of features that would cost more in the X5. Not to say the Porsche cannot be optioned into the sky, it can be obscene if you get carried away. As far as gas guzzling, it is about 1 mile per gallon worse than the X5. The new Cayenne is vastly different than the old T-egg clones of years past IMHO. The X5 is larger and can have three rows of seats so if that is a consideration the Q7 is a closer match. Again, it has more power in the 3.6 engine and is cheaper than the X5. Lots of choices! As far as "snooty service" you can get that with any dealership. The worst I ever encountered was a Mercedes shop (since gone under I might add). My Porsche/Audi service is very accomodating and equals the treatment I get at the BMW store.

Last edited by UncleJ; 10-12-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPXYZ View Post
The Prius has it so why should the BMW for twice the price offer it?
I was confused, the sales person told my wife that push button start was standard not comfort access. Is thsi correct?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes, please!

Mein Auto: 318ti Clubsport
Quote:
An alarm is standard on the X5. Without comfort access you can push the button on the key to unlock the doors. I guess your statement could be true, as you don't have to stick the key in the door to open it. You use the remote.

Quote:
I was confused, the sales person told my wife that push button start was standard not comfort access. Is thsi correct?
This is correct. Without comfort access, you have to put the key in the slot and then press the start button. :facepalm:

Last edited by jaaX3; 10-12-2009 at 12:31 PM.