Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Mid-life Crisis Maniac

Mein Auto: 02 M Roadster
Painted my bumper lights

The clears looked better than amber, then I asked myself maybe none are better than clear.

More Details Here

2002 Titanium/Black M Roadster (Ground Control suspension, ACS Exhaust, Sharked, CL Strong Strut, BMW Aluminium Pedals, Porterfield R4S's, a bunch of other mods)

Ads by Google
Old 07-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Meth lab in basement; shh

Mein Auto: '02 M Coupe
What up with your wheel finish?

Is that the usual shadow chrome or something else? Looks great in that light in any case...
Old 07-29-2003, 06:11 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Did the same a few months after getting my IR/IR MC. Just completed the door handles, passenger door lock deletion and painted rear spoiler on Friday. Pictures in the Painted door handles thread.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Mid-life Crisis Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcanon
Is that the usual shadow chrome or something else? Looks great in that light in any case...
I sanded down the stock ambers to eliminate embossed logo's, numbers, etc. The ambers are smoother and better contoured than the clear BMW replacement lights I was running. I then primed, painted and clear coated them. I ordered an aerosol can of matched paint from an autobody supplier - there were 3 variations of BMW Titanium 354 chips to choose from (mine was Alt#2). I used special plastic parts cleaner and primer they also supplied. After numerous clear coats I hand glazed with varying degrees of cutting to obtain an extremely smooth finish. In the pics I supplied they aren't waxed yet (too fresh). See more pics below. Voila.

Did my handles a few weeks ago which I posted about here.

More pics here.

2002 Titanium/Black M Roadster (Ground Control suspension, ACS Exhaust, Sharked, CL Strong Strut, BMW Aluminium Pedals, Porterfield R4S's, a bunch of other mods)

Last edited by MZNorth; 07-29-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Meth lab in basement; shh

Mein Auto: '02 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZNorth
I sanded down the stock ambers
The subject line of my post said "what up with the wheels"... I was wondering if your wheels are still the stock finish.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Mid-life Crisis Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcanon
The subject line of my post said "what up with the wheels"... I was wondering if your wheels are still the stock finish.
Ooops - that is the stock finish on the 01-02 MZ wheels. It is more of a gunmetal finish than previous versions, not as bright. I was recently told that this finish can be matched (i.e. they are reapairable) which is great news to me if true. I previously had an 00 MZ and it was impossible to match the finish on those powder coated wheels in case or curb rash, in NA anyway.