BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Making my 3 sound like a G

6K views 62 replies 23 participants last post by  Tari 
#1 ·
I like the exhaust note on my car but how would I go about making it sound like a g35?

#2 ·
That sound would not even fit the look of your car... LOL

#8 ·
#10 ·
Ah man.. That's the only thing I like about driving my moms altima 3.5 and my friends max 3.5 they sound like the g35 when I punch it.. I love my cars sound but I still think the G has a cool sound

#12 ·
I roll my windows down to hear a g35, or more so a g37s. Its got a distinct howl so I can see where the OP is comin from. A BMW just isnt meant to sound that way though.

#20 ·
The Infiniti and Nissan V-6 sounds horrible! They do have a very unique sound. But, it is one of the worst sounding cars in my opinion (stock, from the factory). Can't stand em! Why spend that kind of money on a car and then have it sound like a econo-box with a fart-can exhaust? Ugh...

An inline 6 has such a smoother sweeter sound. Why on earth would you want to mess with it?

Louder is o.k. Follow some of the other peoples advice. Or, go to a meet and see how you like other peoples exhaust etc and make a decision.

Johnny

#27 ·
The Infiniti and Nissan V-6 sounds horrible! They do have a very unique sound. But, it is one of the worst sounding cars in my opinion (stock, from the factory). Can't stand em! Why spend that kind of money on a car and then have it sound like a econo-box with a fart-can exhaust? Ugh...

An inline 6 has such a smoother sweeter sound. Why on earth would you want to mess with it?

Louder is o.k. Follow some of the other peoples advice. Or, go to a meet and see how you like other peoples exhaust etc and make a decision.

Johnny
I'm with you Johnny! Nissan engines are very course and unrefined. Without a doubt the worst of the major Japanese manufacturers. To the OP : time for that hearing exam. LOL

#24 ·
Get a used ZHP muffler. BTW, G35's and Z cars sound terrible to me so :dunno: It's a manufactured sound, and a bad one at that.

#35 ·
LOL that's your gut telling you how jealous you are.

#36 ·
Of what? Another fine piece of automotive engineering upon which the idea of refined attention to detail, on things other than a simple numbers game, is lost on?

I stay German for a reason. :angel:

#37 ·
I can't blame you on staying German no doubt. But to dismiss Nissan is a bit of a mistake. So maybe not your cup-0-tea but they make some great cars and actually fashion some of their styling and luxuries after BMW. Afterall, it is the greatest form of flattery. ;)

#38 ·
Still just an imitation. :p

Nissan has made a few decent cars in their day (personal shout-out to a '78 280Z that holds a special place in my heart), but the GT-R doesn't do its heritage justice. Nissan's current iteration of cars is on the down-and-out.

But, back on point, the Infiniti G-series (and its less-fashionable 350/370 kinsman) is a reasonable car in its own right, but it doesn't come close to the engineering and aesthetic titan that the E46 is. Trying to make an E46 sound like a lesser beast is just...rice.

#42 ·
That M5 sounds SICK! I love it but could not have that as a DD. No way...

#44 ·
Not THAT f0cking loud!

#47 ·
#49 ·
I'm not feeling that at all. Very ricey and raspy. :dunno:

I do agree that the E46 M3's sound awesome though. Have you looked into M3 specific exhaust parts perhaps? They can't be much different. Or can they?

#54 ·
Can't blame you there. Definitely worth consideration if you're looking. I'm not a huge fan of the coupe but do love the Sedan. The new 370Z is pretty sexy too. Yah the new Acura's. YOu either LOVE them or HATE them. Right now I can't decide. I'm a little of both. The TL has some decent qualities but looks a bit gimmicky from the rear. I can't quite put my finger on it but don't think I could own one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.