Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35D
X5 35d tracking

Order my first bimmer.... an X5 35d 2010. Placed the order with the dealer on 10/1/2009, got the production # on the 16th. Dealer says it is expected to be built mid dec. I called BMWNA toll free and lady said it is scheduled to be built the week of 23rd Nov. Dont know what to believe.

We are expecting a baby boy Christmas eve, hoping to bring him home in bimmer, cross your fingers.
Ads by Google
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 AM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiazkiran View Post
Order my first bimmer.... an X5 35d 2010. Placed the order with the dealer on 10/1/2009, got the production # on the 16th. Dealer says it is expected to be built mid dec. I called BMWNA toll free and lady said it is scheduled to be built the week of 23rd Nov. Dont know what to believe.

We are expecting a baby boy Christmas eve, hoping to bring him home in bimmer, cross your fingers.
Congrats - you'll enjoy it!

You know what I initially read?

"We are expecting a baby boy Christmas eve, but were hoping to bring home a bimmer.."
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes, please!

Mein Auto: 318ti Clubsport
Congrats! We're expecting our baby boy this Saturday. If the delivery truck (for the car ) stays on track, we should have our 35d tomorrow. Hopefully our baby will be coming home in our other new baby.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 AM

760Lifan that is funny. jaaX3, hope you got your 35d and are able to bring your boy home in it....

I just changed the interior to Saddle brown on mine from Sand Beige last night. I did not find this color as an available option when I first placed the order. Hopefully that won't delay my delivery.

Hey can someone tell what the Smartphone integration is exactly? Not sure if I should order or not, its only $150, so I am thinking it doesn't have much capabilities....
Old 10-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Hey can someone tell what the Smartphone integration is exactly? Not sure if I should order or not, its only $150, so I am thinking it doesn't have much capabilities....
Since it was only $150, I ordered it, even though I don't have a smartphone. I usually keep my vehicles a long time, and I suspect I will have a smartphone long before I get rid of the X5.

Basically the smartphone integration:

(1) Makes it easy to physically connect (but you have to buy a phone-specific cradle to do it, which cost another $100+) and hold the phone securely and safely in the console compartment

(2) Hooks you into the vehicle antenna, giving you better reception than the phone antenna typically does

(3) Links-in the other phone functions, such as a music library

(4) Hooks it up to the power so it charges (many phones use more power when Bluetooth is turned-on, so it's more useful than one might think at first).
Old 10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes, please!

Mein Auto: 318ti Clubsport
Still no 35d... I'll email my CA this afternoon sometime for an update.
I've read about people regretting getting the smartphone integration. Also, doesn't it only work with an iPhone?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaX3 View Post
I've read about people regretting getting the smartphone integration. Also, doesn't it only work with an iPhone?
It only works if the is a snap-in adaptor available for it. There are several available, and I would expect more to become available as new models come out:

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...=2&subItemId=2

The only negative I have heard about it is that some people think it makes access to the armrest storage compartment less convenient. Other than that, I can't think of a negative to having it.

Last edited by Penguin; 10-29-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM

Here is the phone I have, a blackberry curve... http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...productId=2463
In the description the only pre-requisites that are mentioned are "Vehicle must have BMW Assist (SA639) with Bluetooth wireless technology" which I have ordered both on mine... So where is the Smartphone Integration connect in this?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Guys - just checked with my dealer, he confirmed that the Snap-in adapter will work without the Smartphone Integration...
Old 10-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Guys - just checked with my dealer, he confirmed that the Snap-in adapter will work without the Smartphone Integration...
Yes, but you will have to install a docking cradle to receive the snap-in adapter, and I believe the docking cradle and installation will cost more than $150.