Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X3
New X3 Owner Here!!

Just bought a 2009 X3...okay, well actually it's for the wife. Anyways, we were originally looking at used 07's and 08's, but with the 0.9% financing, the new one was a no-brainer. I live in Ogden, UT, but we actually bought it in Tucson, AZ. I was TDY there with the Air Force and ended up getting a new car in the process. There aren't a whole lot of Bimmers in Utah and the dealership in Salt Lake is pretty high priced and none of the used ones were CPO'd. Anyways, it is a pretty base model...nothing fancy. Black exterior with beige interior. The only thing that it is missing that we would like is seat warmers. Not many BMWs in Tucson had them...obviously!

A couple quick questions. It doesn't have the alarm. How many of you have the alarm and how many of you would recommend it. I see it was about $380, but I assume with installation it will run $500. If I do get an alarm...do I get the BMW one or got to an aftermarket? Anything else I should/shouldn't do as a new X3 owner? We got the dealer to throw in the carpeted floormats after some begging and also bought the all-weather rubber ones. How about the 3M clearbra also? I hate dings and chips and I think it may be very useful here in Utah.

Anyways, thanks for any advice in advance!
Advertisement