Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550I
I gotta have to see this new 5'er in person, as the pics can always be misleading. When do you guys think we might be able to see a preview of this thing on the floors? I do like the interior finishing though. especially, after seeing the new GT interior with my very own eyes in the display area of Long Beach BMW last week.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Pundit

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barl0 View Post
I gotta have to see this new 5'er in person, as the pics can always be misleading. When do you guys think we might be able to see a preview of this thing on the floors? I do like the interior finishing though. especially, after seeing the new GT interior with my very own eyes in the display area of Long Beach BMW last week.
I'm guessing the new model will hit the showrooms by Fall of next year.
E46 330i - Sold
E39 530i - Sold
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328 (E90)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
I'm disappointed that they did not increase the horsepower in the turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six. I'm sure BMW could have squeezed another 30 or so horsepower out if they had stayed with twin turbos instead of going to the single turbo design (likely for emissions). That's an improvement that would have sealed the deal for me.
I am even more disappointed that they did not increase the horsepower of the N52 3 liter to something more than 230. BMW already has more powerful versions of this engine and it seems that they could have easily upped the power here (say 250 or 260) without getting it too close to the turbo motor (which has much more torque anyway). Lot of manufacturers already have more powerful 3 liter engines out (GM, Ford, Honda, etc) which run on regular gas. BMW may understate their 230 hp motor, but at least for the sake of advertising and comparisons, they need to claim more than 230 hp in their base engine.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 328i sedan, '02 525iT
My thought right now coming from an '09 328i sedan with a stick, is to move up to a 2012 (give the new 5 a year to work out the kinks) 5 series in a stick. If no stick, then I'd have to start looking elsewhere for a larger sedan in a stick. But not much options out there. Audi A6 doesn't come in a stick, E class = no stick. So where's that leave me. I sure hope the new 5 series comes in a stick. I really enjoy my '02 525iT (automatic) but like the extra room it provides over the 328i sedan.
2011 Lexus ES350 (wife's)