Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 06 Z4 M Coupe
Camber correcting bolt Location Z4MC

Hey guys,

Due to a lot of helpful info on this site, I have ordered and received my camber correcting bolts from Turner that I'm going to install on my Z4MC.

My only question is WHERE to install them. Does anyone have a picture of their installation location or some direction you can give me.

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 11-20-2009, 07:30 PM
19,585 Miles

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenattheTrack View Post
Hey guys,

Due to a lot of helpful info on this site, I have ordered and received my camber correcting bolts from Turner that I'm going to install on my Z4MC.

My only question is WHERE to install them. Does anyone have a picture of their installation location or some direction you can give me.

Thanks!
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...58&hg=31&fg=10
Old 11-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4MC AW/IR
This is an old thread that discusses those bolts.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ht=camber+bolt

Make sure you torque the bolts to 81 NM and use loctite on them. The factory uses red (high strength) thread locker.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car62 View Post
This is an old thread that discusses those bolts.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ht=camber+bolt

Make sure you torque the bolts to 81 NM and use loctite on them. The factory uses red (high strength) thread locker.
Thank you!! I've looked about 20 times and feel like an IDIOT for not finding this thread
Old 11-21-2009, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: Z4MC AW/IR
Quote:
Thank you!! I've looked about 20 times and feel like an IDIOT for not finding this thread
You're welcome. It's nice when we can have helpful threads that make a difference for the owner. Sometimes you have to look way back because the old timers are tired of repeating the same advice over and over again for years. Just make sure you don't cross thread the bolts, make sure they are torqued properly, and use a thread locking compound.

I believe that Mr. H. stated that each washer is good for about 0.5 degrees of negative camber, unless I am remembering that wrong.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Bimmerphile

Mein Auto: Z4 MC, 2lt x3, 120 vert
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Are these bolts the ones for the e36 on the Turner website? I guess this is only for the front, right?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthopoulos View Post
Are these bolts the ones for the e36 on the Turner website? I guess this is only for the front, right?
Yes. That is what I used. Front only.

I just got finished with the install and it was pretty simple. The existing bolts were easy to break free but a little hard to back out. I have a long torque wrench that did the trick but is a little hard to manuever.

But, oh wow, what a difference!! The car handles much better. Turn in feels a little sharper and much more front end bite that makes the rear easy to rotate in the middle of slower turns (like the roundabout near my house). I haven't tried it on the track yet, so I can't really do a complete eval but I'm sold already!!

I highly recommend this.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car62 View Post
You're welcome. It's nice when we can have helpful threads that make a difference for the owner. Sometimes you have to look way back because the old timers are tired of repeating the same advice over and over again for years. Just make sure you don't cross thread the bolts , make sure they are torqued properly, and use a thread locking compound

I believe that Mr. H. stated that each washer is good for about 0.5 degrees of negative camber, unless I am remembering that wrong.

Done, Done and Done on your three pieces of advice!

Correct on the .5 degress of neg camber. I used 2 of the washers on the outside and should now have 2.5-2.7 degrees of neg camber. Whatever it actually is, it's perfect!

Thanks again for finding this old thread!!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: E86 Z4 M Coupe 7LM08376
Question Toe

Don't forget to check front toe after you've changed the camber. Factory spec for the Z4M is 0.16 degrees plus or minus 0.1 degree. I like my front toe at zero.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Bimmerphile

Mein Auto: Z4 MC, 2lt x3, 120 vert
Quote:
Yes. That is what I used. Front only.

I just got finished with the install and it was pretty simple. The existing bolts were easy to break free but a little hard to back out. I have a long torque wrench that did the trick but is a little hard to manuever.

But, oh wow, what a difference!! The car handles much better. Turn in feels a little sharper and much more front end bite that makes the rear easy to rotate in the middle of slower turns (like the roundabout near my house). I haven't tried it on the track yet, so I can't really do a complete eval but I'm sold already!!

I highly recommend this.
I tried to put an order in for these and I got a reply from Turner that they don't fit the Z4 M. Can you post a link to what you purchased?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM

Mein Auto: 07 Imola Red/Black MCoupe
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=TSU3690036

I emailed Turner months ago to tell them that it works just fine and they emailed me back to tell me they don't LOL. They're obviously confused
Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=TSU3690036

I emailed Turner months ago to tell them that it works just fine and they emailed me back to tell me they don't LOL. They're obviously confused
Yep, this is exactly what I ordered and intalled

+1 on Turners obvious confusion!!