Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: E36
I recommend not going for any late model 600's. These are essentially track bikes and all of them have on/off torque curves and relatively high seats. An early '90's or earlier model would probably be ok.

Other than that, most have already pointed you in the right direction with the SV and Ninja 250/500.

Also try to keep in mind what type of riding you'll be doing. Unfortunately, many people buy bikes that are not well suited for their riding. Of course, the end decision is always the buyer's but I think buying an R1 to cruise on the street is overrated. An SV or Monster has more performance than any rider could possibly use on the street and is much more ergonomically friendly.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 328xi, '11 135i
Here's some of what can be done to a Ducati Monster.
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=32135.0
Here's the wifes 620.
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=28634.0

I admit it, I have a slight bias about european machinery