Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540I
04' X3 with DSP, Nav, BMW assist Ipod integration

Hi All,
Just wanted to give you all my review of the USASpec DSP ipod integration. Before I purchased this I searched high and low to see if anyone had tried it with factory navigation.

The instructions stated that this unit did not work with factory navigation. What that indicates is that it will take over your Nav display and make using the navigation unusuable (keeps bouncing back to ipod information). Our solution was to turn off text display on radio (dip switch #3 on the PA12) and the unit works perfectly. This is for the wifes 04' X3 and I have the Dice Silverline in my 2000 540i BMW. I actually like this product better. It plays the first 4 playlists under disc 1-4 and disc 5 is hybrid mode which allows you to control from the ipod. With all of the modes you can advance to the next song from the steering wheel controls. If anyone puts this in a DSP setup with BMW assist you have to use the coax going to the phone in the center console for the DSP. Our CD changer controller cable was really buried under the center console also.
I'd give this 5 stars if it worked perfectly with Navigation (I give it 4 stars). Albeit, they did state that it does not work with Nav in the manual and on their website, but I think it would be simple for them to fix. Actually my Dice doesn't exactly play nice with the navigation in my 540i BMW. I have to turn off the radio to use the navigation since the navigation knob advances the ipod. The unit also has an auxillary input. The sound quality is excellent by the way.
Ads by Google