Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 4.8i
Angry The driver side door won't open.

I was at the gas station, and tried to get out of the car to fill up a gas, but I COULDN'T GET OUT OF THE CAR!!! I pulled the handle x10000 but it didn't work at all. So I was sitting in my car for 5minutes just to think "What should I do?! Like I can't get out through the passenger side door becuase people's gonna watch and it's embarrassing.." etc...
Since there was no other choice, I had to get out through the passenger side door. WTF...!!
There was a guy at the pump looking at me with strange eyes and giggling....
S***, it was really one miserable experience.
What a wonderful price for having a 80k vehicle!
It happened a couple of weeks ago and BMW fixed this issue, which took a week.
Now it's happening again and I just got a call from them saying that they have to wait until next Monday to get proper tools just to open the door.
OMG. I'm going nuts now... ...

2008 X5 4.8i Black Sapphire/Black perforated int./Bamboo wood trim [w/ all factory options except rear DVD system]
+ aerodynamic kit/stainless pedals/illuminated door strip/3M color-stable tint/LED license plate light/Thule's 91726 snowboard carrier.
2006 X5 4.4i, Titanium Silver/Black int./Anthricite Maple + 4.8is bodykits/Style168 wheel/OEM backup camera/Running boards/Chrome dual exhausts.(TRADED)
Ads by Google