Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 12-18-2009, 04:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 740Li (F02)
Tear on leather seat :(

is there a way to do a warranty claim on a very slight tear on the leather inserts? i just noticed it this morning while wiping the rear left seat (rear luxury seat package) and a 1" slight tear surfaced, its a very slight tear where if u put a little pressure, it almost disappears, but does show if u look for it. as far as i remember, the rear left seat was only sat upon twice as my rear passenger always takes the right seat.

im looking at some sort of goodwill warranty on this since i really have no clue how it came about, or if it was there in the first place. my car just crossed 1000 miles and 2 months old since bnew.

any thoughts????
Ads by Google
Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Wilassasin

Mein Auto: 07' 750Li(sport)/C6 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
is there a way to do a warranty claim on a very slight tear on the leather inserts? i just noticed it this morning while wiping the rear left seat (rear luxury seat package) and a 1" slight tear surfaced, its a very slight tear where if u put a little pressure, it almost disappears, but does show if u look for it. as far as i remember, the rear left seat was only sat upon twice as my rear passenger always takes the right seat.

im looking at some sort of goodwill warranty on this since i really have no clue how it came about, or if it was there in the first place. my car just crossed 1000 miles and 2 months old since bnew.

any thoughts????
They should cover that on a new car...In any event I assure you that once its fixed you will never even be able to tell a tear was ever there...If the dealer wont cover it I would still have them get it repaired.

09' 335i xdrive coupe(sold),
750 sport(sold)
, 2013' S550 4matic (AMG Sport Pack), C6 convertible...
Old 12-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 F02 750Li
You can probably have that repaired by a leather repair man for less than $100.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post

any thoughts????
That will be a warranty claim, no doubt about it.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
I had a similar problem occur when the dealer installed the iPod interface in my M6. A mechanic somehow made a small cut in the leather on the dash. The dealer had it repaired by their leather repair expert and now you couldn't tell it ever happened.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus