Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 12-23-2009, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: 09 750li / 00 M5
20" wheels/ AC Schnitzer Springs impressions

I finally got my car back from BMW. Thew wheels i bought had the wrong sensors installed so BMW had to swap out the ones from my old wheels and install in the new ones. They also lowered the rear about 20 mm to match the front that got lowered around 25 mm with the AC Schnitzer springs.

The ride is now just the way i want it. It is a little harsher than stock with the 19" run flats. When i installed the springs the ride got alittle firmer but not much more. Going from 19's to 20's, there was a much bigger difference. I figured going from 19" run flats to 20" non runflats would give be the same ride quality but they dont. The 20's are firmer and you definatly feel it more. Now maybe its the brand of tires(hankook) that i got but if i had to guess i would think it would be like this no matter what brand. The hankook tires, now that the pressure has been adjusted and the car aligned are QUIET. On very bumpy roads, they do make a little more noise than the stock run flats but on smooth roads, they are VERY quiet.

Again these are just my impressions so i wouldnt take what i say as scientific evidence.. The AC Shnitzer springs will stiffen up the ride but not as much as the 20" wheels.

Heres a few pics of the rear lowered.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Last edited by baf3472; 12-23-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Munchen bound

Mein Auto: Ferrari
Nice job,..looks great.