Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-01-2009, 02:19 AM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
Enjoy the loaner b'cos it may take a while to get the water cooler in, get it installed, reprogram, test and make sure everything works. I'll advice you stay on your SA and keep calling atleast every other day. I've hear two different stories ragarding shipping & ETA for parts. One SA told me dearlership gets daily parts delivery from FedEx. Another SA told me parts take time to arrive from Germany because they are shipped via a vessel, have to go thru customs and then pickup by FedEx.
This loaner 528Xi feels like it is my car now as it is Dec 1/2009. Car has been in shop since Nov 10/09. Got call on the 26th saying they FEEL they fixed the vibration issue. Went for test with the drive shop foreman and he concurred that the issue was still there. Errrrr . The shop foreman has now informed me this issue is now an 'escalated case' with BMW engineering.

Really hope they get this resolved soon b/c the new car feeling is fading away

Last edited by bcool; 12-03-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-01-2009, 02:58 AM
sunny_j's Avatar
sunny_j sunny_j is offline
bmw addiction
Location: Vancouver Britsh Columbia Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,734
Mein Auto: X5d
Bcool what dealer is your car at & I would get a better loaner. When I had my 760 I always got x5's as loaners
__________________

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone


-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
Bcool what dealer is your car at & I would get a better loaner. When I had my 760 I always got x5's as loaners
Hi Sunny, I deal with BMW Store Vancouver usually but my car is at Auto West BMW. In all honesty not too thrilled about loaner...just want my car back asap.
But in regards to your question, Auto West BMW actually gives 5 series or X3 for all 7 series owners but every other dealership usually gives 3 series. What dealer gives x5? Thanks for your input!!!

Last edited by bcool; 12-02-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
This loaner 528Xi feels like it is my car now as it is Dec 1/2009. Car has been in shop since Nov 10/09. Got call on the 26th saying they FEEL they fixed the vibration issue. Went for test with the drive shop foreman and he concurred that the issue was still there. Errrrr . The shop foreman has now informed me this issue is now an 'escalated case' with BMW engineering.

Really hope they get this resolved soon b/c the new car feeling is fading away
BMW can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Starting to feel to demand they give me a another one if they don't figure this out before next week. Almost a month in the shop. Owned a lot of cars but never had this kind of experience. Anyone else with this kind of nightmare?

Last edited by bcool; 12-04-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
fq fq is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 338
Mein Auto: 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Anyone else with this kind of nightmare?
Yes. Check your pm.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by fq View Post
Yes. Check your pm.
Thanks fq for the PM. Really appreciate it!!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Just got back yesterday on 3rd road test with shop foreman with 3rd set different brand of tires and it is conclusive that the vibration issue is still there. Now in the 6th week in the shop .

I took delivery of this car August 7,2009 and unfortunately have not got to enjoy my new car . 5 months and counting of huge frustration b/c this is my main car as I got rid of my other cars prior to this.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-17-2009, 09:13 PM
LovinM6's Avatar
LovinM6 LovinM6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern California Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 513
Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Just got back yesterday on 3rd road test with shop foreman with 3rd set different brand of tires and it is conclusive that the vibration issue is still there. Now in the 6th week in the shop .

I took delivery of this car August 7,2009 and unfortunately have not got to enjoy my new car . 5 months and counting of huge frustration b/c this is my main car as I got rid of my other cars prior to this.
See PM
__________________
2010 BMW 750 Li


2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-18-2009, 12:46 AM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinM6 View Post
See PM
Thanks LovinM6 for PM. Really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Just got back yesterday on 3rd road test with shop foreman with 3rd set different brand of tires and it is conclusive that the vibration issue is still there. Now in the 6th week in the shop .

I took delivery of this car August 7,2009 and unfortunately have not got to enjoy my new car . 5 months and counting of huge frustration b/c this is my main car as I got rid of my other cars prior to this.
Latest update: BMW has just informed me they are NOW waiting for a special tool from Germany to adjust the angle of the drive shaft to see if that fixes the vibration issue. ?!?!?!?!?!?!
This car has been in the shop for 50 days and technically has been down since day 1(almost 6 months).
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-31-2009, 06:48 PM
gotoschoolhere's Avatar
gotoschoolhere gotoschoolhere is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,344
Mein Auto: Z4 Roadster 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinM6 View Post
I don't know anything about these tires. I hope they don't run hard.
LovinM6... You have a beautiful color combo. Do you have any pictures of the 7 posted anywhere?
__________________
Omar Sayyed
Operational Intelligence <-- What I do
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 PM
LovinM6's Avatar
LovinM6 LovinM6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern California Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 513
Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoschoolhere View Post
LovinM6... You have a beautiful color combo. Do you have any pictures of the 7 posted anywhere?
Thank you very much.

Please see the end of page 4 for a few pictures and most being on page 5 of this thread.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=395156&page=4

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=395156&page=5
__________________
2010 BMW 750 Li


2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550

Last edited by LovinM6; 12-31-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Corrected link
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
gotoschoolhere's Avatar
gotoschoolhere gotoschoolhere is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,344
Mein Auto: Z4 Roadster 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinM6 View Post
Thank you very much.

Please see the end of page 4 for a few pictures and most being on page 5 of this thread.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=395156&page=4

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=395156&page=5
WOWb

That is an Amazing 7. Nicely done. I see that the Individual is worth it huh.

You mush fee like a driving in this every day.

I love it.
__________________
Omar Sayyed
Operational Intelligence <-- What I do
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-01-2010, 07:13 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Latest update: BMW has just informed me they are NOW waiting for a special tool from Germany to adjust the angle of the drive shaft to see if that fixes the vibration issue. ?!?!?!?!?!?!
This car has been in the shop for 50 days and technically has been down since day 1(almost 6 months).
Wish I could enjoy and love it too.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Latest update: BMW Canada has informed me as of last week that they are in contact with PUMA(BMW Engineering) to get approval to change the driveshaft to see IF that is the problem!?!!?!?!??!?!?! 65 day straight days in the shop!!!! Completely HORRIFYING!!!
6th month now from DAY 1 of not being able to properly enjoy this vehicle.

Last edited by bcool; 01-13-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Newmanium Newmanium is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 865
Mein Auto: Zipcars
Do you guys not have lemon laws up there? Down here you would DEFINITELY qualify.
__________________
Past: 2011 X5 35d .... 2007 530i ..... 2002 530i ..... 1999 Honda Civic ..... 1990 Honda Accord ..... 2008 TSX
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-13-2010, 04:19 PM
sunny_j's Avatar
sunny_j sunny_j is offline
bmw addiction
Location: Vancouver Britsh Columbia Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,734
Mein Auto: X5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmanium View Post
Do you guys not have lemon laws up there? Down here you would DEFINITELY qualify.
no we dont
__________________

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone


-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 AM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
LATEST UPDATE: Today 1/15/2010, BMW Canada called and said that the regional tech. mgr came and test drove the car b/c the BMW Service deptartment(including the mechanic, shop foreman and service manager) are completely stumped in how to resolve this issue. This regional tech mgr claims there is nothing out of normal b/c the other 7 series he tested it with drives similar. This is of course is 100% unacceptable/nonsense!!! I immediately called the shop foreman and service manager. During the conversation I got them to both concur there is a problem as they both recollect the test drives that I had with them in which they both state "defintely feel this noticable vibration and it is definitely an issue" and agree if it was their car "they wouldn't accept this". The service manager even said that the regional manager felt the vibration but felt it in other 7 series as well. The shop foreman agrees even if other 7's on the lot are doing it, it is not acceptable as it is obviously a problem.
This is extremely suspicious as the car has been in the shop for over 67 days and just a few days ago demanded BMW Canada to give me another car asap or refund my money. All of sudden they say NOW the car is running properly?!?!?!?! During the whole time they awknowledged this noticable vibration. After the 1st test drive back in October 2009, the service manager told the SA right away to make sure they first do a wheel alignment and wheel balancing for starters and check the rough idle. Then they tried 3rd set of new tires and shop foreman concurred still a problem. Then they order tool from Germany to adjust drive shaft angle. Then they waited for an OK to order new drive shaft. NOW they say nothing wrong all of a sudden... days after I demand another car?!??!??!?! Why would they do all this work and take so long?!?!?!?! VERY SUSPICIOUS.
As with the comment on 'nothing out of normal b/c we tested it with other 7 series' is horrific. My previous 7 they tried that the same approach on 3 occasions. Each time I had to come down and waste more of my time to show them that 1. Heated steering wheel 2. Heated seats intensify heat function for back/seat and 3. Rear seat heating is not working properly. After showing the mechanic, they say 'Oh, yes I see now'. These issues I know are not major but come on, do I have to come down each time they try that on me?
There are times to back down and accept things but this is far from one of them. So, I told everyone involved to get that regional tech mgr to come out again so I can drive the car with him b/c I will not accept this period. More wasted time! Completely horrifying to say the least.

Last edited by bcool; 01-16-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-16-2010, 02:59 AM
LovinM6's Avatar
LovinM6 LovinM6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern California Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 513
Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
I wish I had your patience....
__________________
2010 BMW 750 Li


2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-16-2010, 08:59 AM
asaseaban's Avatar
asaseaban asaseaban is offline
Y ask y? Ask y not!
Location: DMV
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 576
Mein Auto: F02
bcool,

Enough is enough. This nonsense has gone on too far and your patience as being more than I can tolerate. It's time you make this a legal issue and request for a replacement car. Go over to the BMW Service Center and get a print out of ALL the work that has been done so far and also notes or anything from the shop foreman or SA stating that they do recognize the vibration problem. Then tell your lawyer/counselor/attorney/barrister that you ONLY interested in getting a replacement. The lawyer maybe tempted to try and have BMW NA settle this out of court for some money or get your car fix. Don't fall for that. Fight for a replacement because I guarantee you even if they SHOULD fix your vibration problem by replacing the drive shaft it'll lead to another problem that will crop up and the car MAY just not drive right.

Stop being a nice guy and get BMW NA to give you another 7er PERIOD.

Good luck!
__________________
_______________
2000 740iL Space Gray - Sold
2003 745Li Titanium Silver - Sold
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:08 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
bcool,

Enough is enough. This nonsense has gone on too far and your patience as being more than I can tolerate. It's time you make this a legal issue and request for a replacement car. Go over to the BMW Service Center and get a print out of ALL the work that has been done so far and also notes or anything from the shop foreman or SA stating that they do recognize the vibration problem. Then tell your lawyer/counselor/attorney/barrister that you ONLY interested in getting a replacement. The lawyer maybe tempted to try and have BMW NA settle this out of court for some money or get your car fix. Don't fall for that. Fight for a replacement because I guarantee you even if they SHOULD fix your vibration problem by replacing the drive shaft it'll lead to another problem that will crop up and the car MAY just not drive right.

Stop being a nice guy and get BMW NA to give you another 7er PERIOD.

Good luck!
Thanks so much for this fantastic advice. I will surely go down and get print out of ALL the work/notes and then take it to my lawyer. The legal system/litigation procedure is somewhat different up here in Canada but yes, can't and will NOT accept this car vibrating.
I demanded for that Regional Tech Mgr to come by for another road test and of course to set him straight and fully reject his nonsense ignorant approach.
Btw BMW NA will not talk to me b/c they direct me to BMW Canada(who seem to just add frustration to all this mess).
Thanks again. I will give update hopefully soon.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
sunny_j's Avatar
sunny_j sunny_j is offline
bmw addiction
Location: Vancouver Britsh Columbia Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,734
Mein Auto: X5d
bcool, you might want to check this site out
http://www.camvap.ca/
__________________

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone


-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
bcool, you might want to check this site out
http://www.camvap.ca/
Thanks Sunny. Also want to take the time to extend my sincere gratitude to all you guys with your fantastic advice and support. This forum is 1st class.

Either this gets resolved via BMW Canada or via litigation.

Latest update: Yesterday talked to Customer Relation Rep who still maintains there is no issue b/c the Regional Tech Mgr said so BUT at the same time NOW says perhaps it is b/c of the wheel size and perhaps try 18" instead!??!??!?!
Don't want to past judgement on this Regional Tech Mgr but I will meet him on the 30th when he is scheduled to be in Vancouver. IF at that point this fellow is nonsensical then BMW will surely have a headache and problem on their hands.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Ormond Ormond is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Vibration Issue

I just had my 2009 in the shop for the first time. I was accelerating quickly from a stop, and a warning light, "Engine Malfunction, Reduced Power" came on. It was in the shop for two days, and supposedly fixed with programming. This is probably not your same issue, but the service tech said that an open service campaign corrected my problem.

On a side note, I previously went to the dealership because my low oil warning light came on and I bought a quart of oil and the service tech put it in my car. He said the oil wasn't covered under warrantly. Is this true?

Good luck with your Canadian battle. It is frustrating when our cars are tied up for repairs.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM
bcool bcool is offline
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
I just had my 2009 in the shop for the first time. I was accelerating quickly from a stop, and a warning light, "Engine Malfunction, Reduced Power" came on. It was in the shop for two days, and supposedly fixed with programming. This is probably not your same issue, but the service tech said that an open service campaign corrected my problem.

On a side note, I previously went to the dealership because my low oil warning light came on and I bought a quart of oil and the service tech put it in my car. He said the oil wasn't covered under warrantly. Is this true?

Good luck with your Canadian battle. It is frustrating when our cars are tied up for repairs.
Hello Ormond, Thanks for your encourgement....really appreciate it!
Yes indeed, VERY frustrating when cars of this calibre are NOT performing they way that they should. I actually had similiar issue with low oil as I was driving with only about 1400miles on it the low oil warning light and service required lights flashing. I had to put a quart and half of oil in b/c so low. The service manager said the oil isn't covered AND this is very normal!?!?!?! But it is covered under maintenance plan which we all have. Strange!?!?! What IF this did that in the middle of a long trip in the middle of nowhere? This is normal????

Side note: My vibration issue is most noticable on a dry day and at various speeds.
If any of you kind folks would be so kind and pay close attention if your car noticable has a shimmy/vibration...please let me know.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms