Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: X3
2006 lock settings and bluetooth

Just got my new love today! Still riding home in it. Just wanted to know a couple things. Do you know how to set it so the car beeps after you lock it with the remote? Also, these cars don't lock when you put it in drive or go over 30 mph? Or is that a setting too?

Finallly, I connected my phone to the bluetooth no problem. Its a verizon storm though and the phonebook want transfer but I wanted to know if there's a way to play the music on my phone through the bluetooth. Or possibly off the newest touch pod with bluetooth in it?

Thank you all for being so much help. Its so nice to talk to real people
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X3.0si
The dealer can program the car too beep on locking, and lock doors when you drive off (default is 10 mph I think, but you can have less) Unfortunately
they do all charge for the service.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X3.0si
Also look at other codes available on PDF from Supercourse: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=416506
Old 01-23-2010, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
One more quick note. If you do take your SAV in for programming - take both keys with you. On some BMW models, the keys hold some of the settings.

BMW CCA #422951

Old 01-23-2010, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by John320 View Post
The dealer can program the car too beep on locking
Only if the OP's '06 has an optional alarm installed.
Otherwise, the option is "visual notification" (lights) ON or OFF.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i 5AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveSteno View Post
Just got my new love today! Still riding home in it. Just wanted to know a couple things. Do you know how to set it so the car beeps after you lock it with the remote? Also, these cars don't lock when you put it in drive or go over 30 mph? Or is that a setting too?

Finallly, I connected my phone to the bluetooth no problem. Its a verizon storm though and the phonebook want transfer but I wanted to know if there's a way to play the music on my phone through the bluetooth. Or possibly off the newest touch pod with bluetooth in it?

Thank you all for being so much help. Its so nice to talk to real people
No way I know to play music through bluetooth. You probably will want an AUX connector (3.5 jack) http://mattmcnulty.com/325xi/DIY/aux_input.html
Old 01-25-2010, 06:27 AM

Okay. Talked to a dealer this morning. $500 for ipod hookup (whew) and $360 for the alarm if it's not installed already. I have a red light flashing, but it doesn't make noise when I hold down the hatch button So does this mean I can't have the car lock on drive off either, or doesn't that have to do with the alarm system?

$500 is a little steep for me right now. I think I will wait a while to do that.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Are you sure you want the auto lock feature

If you have had this before and are familiar with it then you are used to it. Personally, I had mine disabled as it was an annoyance. I don't know at what speed it locks on the X3 but on my other BMW it was at like 5 mph or something. Wish you could set it for like 80 or something, just kidding (sort of).

Same with the wolf whistle. Everyone I know has had this disabled so that you only get the visual cue when locking and unlocking the vehicle.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 AM

lol. I have had both before. I don't really have a reason for having it lock when driving, but I just like it As for the beeping when locked thing, I do park and then walk to an office building a lot when I'm working in one of the surrounding cities. Sometimes I forget if I locked it or not, but I was always able to push the button and hear it beep even if the car wasn't right next to me and know that I locked it. When you have high heels and three bags to carry everywhere, you don't want to be walking back to make sure you locked your car. lol. Yes, the easy solution would be to make sure I locked the car before I walk away, but it's not always that simple. I may have been blonde before....
Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Peace, you won't get the "beep" without an alarm, but you will get the friendly little clown nose blinking away in your windshield. The interior lights will also go on when you click lock after you afe already locked it. So there is (sort of) a way to tell it is locked as you walk away from it. For some other info about your area, like good indy BMW shops that don't charge an arm and a leg go to the bimmerfest - BMW forums section and scroll down to the "regions" spot, then hit your area. Lots of good folks near you who would (I am sure) be happy to share their info with you. Good luck!