Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 PM
14. PSI pound the boost.

Mein Auto: M3
Some Good Shock Recomendations

I'm looking for a good stiff cornering ride with lots of grit don't care if I feel every bump in the rode love it... Brings it back to the good old racing days! ///M

Any help would be much appreciated, I looked at the Bilstein sport shocks but haven't made my mind up yet!

///M3
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Instructor of the Stig™

Mein Auto: Hover Car on Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3XVSC View Post
I'm looking for a good stiff cornering ride with lots of grit don't care if I feel every bump in the rode love it... Brings it back to the good old racing days! ///M

Any help would be much appreciated, I looked at the Bilstein sport shocks but haven't made my mind up yet!

///M3
Can't go wrong with KONI and H&R!

The Koni Sport Shock & H&R Sport Spring Kit make the perfect combination of handing & ride quality.

This is the most popular spring in H&R's line-up Sport Springs will lower your vehicle an average of 1.5-2.0 inches for a lower center of gravity improved handling and a more aggressive appearance. Sport springs feature a spring rate that is firmer than that of the OE Sport spring but is still comfortable enough for daily use. Sport springs are an excellent choice for street and occasional track use.

When combined with the Koni sport shocks you'll have the best ride and handling combo you can buy for your M3.

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Feel free to shoot a PM if you have any questions!

Best,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
800.924.5172 | OEM BMW Part Number Search
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i
I installed H&R Sport springs and Billstein Sports on my 2002 530i last summer. This is a well respected combination in the community. Though, opinion is not unanimous.

Personally, while control is great I think the ride is much too harsh. On the upside, it only requires half the effort to breath. I just breathe in and bouncing in the seat forces the air out... This combo is great for smooth surfaces but is compromising my daily ride quality in New England.

Other suspension modifications include Eibach front and rear sway bars and a Mason strut bar. I believe that these add lateral stability--not necessarily to the harshness of the ride.

I am considering using Koni adjustable or FSD shocks with the H&R springs. Or, use Vogtland springs with the Bilsteins.

The H&R and Billy combo might be different in your E46 than my E39, but I bet your ride would be too rough unless you live somewhere flat and warm, e.g a place with smooth roads.