Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 630i convertible
Change engine oil

Hello,

Is it easy to change the engine oil by yourself?

I notice that there is no way to suck it out like other cars...

BMW 630i convertible 2006 | Stratus Gray
Opel Speedster #2981 | Lotus Titanium Silver
Susuki swift sport (for the wife)
Audi convertible 2.6 V6
Ads by Google
Old 01-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Greg

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci convertible
Looks like most 6 owners don't change their own oil. I am a DIY guy so I would like to do my own as well but I haven't even gotten under the car to look around yet. May have better luck with an answer in the General section or even the 5 series since there are so many of them on the road. I would expect a 5 series would apply to a 6 with the same engine.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Mein Auto: 645ci c
I don't know about 630i engine I have 645ci in my case use 6mm 8mm hex key and 24mm wrench for oil change!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 AM

Hello,

Its realy easy to change the engine oil...

6.5 Liters must be filled in... normal longlive syntehic oil, bud I uses half syntetic because I don't drive a lot...

By BMW it costs +/- 250 euro for oil and the oil filter...

I did it for 50 euro for oil, oil filter and olso air filter.

So I understand BMW can clean the car for free... They earn 200 euro (+/- 230 us dollar) for cleaning your car... Just because we drive a 6 series???

Audi convertible 2.6 V6
Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 AM

Mein Auto: 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenvw View Post
So I understand BMW can clean the car for free... They earn 200 euro (+/- 230 us dollar) for cleaning your car... Just because we drive a 6 series???
Here in the US it is generally known to NEVER let the dealer wash your car. Often times they drive it through an automated system or have some kids use rags they leave on the ground. great way to damage your paint.

Also for oil changes since I live in a condo I need to take it to the dealer to get the oil changed. In the end it's only like a $30 difference at this one dealer vs DIY so I'm not too concerned.

2006 650i - SMG - Alpine White / Chateau
Mods: OEM style 249 19" rims, H&R 10mm front spacers and 12mm rear spacers, KW v3 coilovers, Magnaflow exhaust (x-pipe, mufflers, resonator delete), RPi scoop, BMC filter (charcoal delete), LED angel eyes, 30% tint, OEM iPod interface, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black kidney grill
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS Alpine View Post
Here in the US it is generally known to NEVER let the dealer wash your car. Often times they drive it through an automated system or have some kids use rags they leave on the ground. great way to damage your paint.

Also for oil changes since I live in a condo I need to take it to the dealer to get the oil changed. In the end it's only like a $30 difference at this one dealer vs DIY so I'm not too concerned.
Here in Belgium normaly every dealership (olso other brands than BMW) has a guy who cleans cars by hand... Because he has to clean olso the new cars, so thats not possible driving with a new car true automatic system.

Ok for saving $30 I woud olso not do the job myself... Bud for $230 its worth doing it myself...

Olso brackes, brackesfluid and more is to expansive by the dealership...

I went for the green CHF 11S oil by the dealership for the power steering and I ask them for the Ipod kit...

Costs about 250 euro for the pieces and he say 1 hour of work... (I can olso do this myself) and he say they ask about 500 euro for that job...

So I buy the pieces there and do it myself...

Audi convertible 2.6 V6