Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
BMW Vision Concept Car Gets Green Light for Production

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

When BMW rolled out their "Vision Concept Car" it received a lot of excitement and fan fair. It now looks like BMW is going to captilize on that excitement and put the hybrid drive, un-traditionally styled (for BMW at least) concept car into production! I'm going to hold back my full excitement until more details are released but the thought of a hybrid drive M1 super car makes me exited! Anyone have a guess on the price?

InsideLine got the scoop from a senior BMW authority out of Munich that the Vision EfficientDynamics plug-in pure hybrid 2+2 concept car displayed last September at the 2009 Frankfurt Auto Show will go into production.

The response to the concept car, a 356-horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque plug-in electric (one lithium-polymer battery stack + two electric motors) with dedicated lighter-weight three-cylinder diesel range-extending engine mounted amidships has been tremendous. Now what fans are waiting for are further details and of course, the pricing. The source said that the total volume has yet to be finalized but that it will be somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 units. The production car will retain the prototype’s powertrain and basic sub-3,000-pound assembly but “there will be less of the synthetic glass and more solid structure added to the final design.” The source said that it’s likely that this would be BMW’s second true production supercar after the Giugiaro M1.

Read the full details and specs on BMW's Vision Concept Car

Video -

Pictures -

This article has been viewed 2322 times.