Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 AM

Mein Auto: '88 325is
bumper swap

Is it possible to put an E30 M3 bumper on an '88 325is? I prefer the plastic bumper!
Ads by Google
Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1988 BMW 325i
I'm not sure about the m3 bumper, someone else will have to chime in. But as far as the plastic bumpers go, with your 88 it is a direct swap! You can find them on the 89-91 models.

The E30 is what all actual driving enthusiasts are after. It's an unpretentious machine, quietly capable of spectacular feats of handling. It's light, simple design is rugged enough to run against $400k rally cars, but on the street it' communicative chassis delights even the most disinterested driver. It really is one of the world's ultimate driving machines
Old 02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Rather Large Member

Mein Auto: 88 325is 04&09 jetta TDi
I also am not sure about the M3 bumper. I don't believe it'll fit though. The plastics are a direct swap, but you also need the shocks for the plastic bumpers, and the side clips as well. Not to mention you'll have to splice in the plugs for the turn signals to your wiring harness, as the plugs are different for the aluminium bumpers.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson
Old age and treachery, will always overcome youth and skill.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
bumpers wont fit. they are designed to flow with the flared m3 fenders.

m3 bumpers look like all kinds of crap on a non-m3. stick to late model plastic bumpers.

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667