Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Sunny

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW E64 645Ci
E64 645ci 2004 Logic7 Amp replacement

Hi,

I've been having problems with my Logic7 sound system (scratching/distorted sound coming from left & centre speakers) - this happened at the same time I needed one of my Xenon lights replacing (ouch!) and BMW diagnosed it and said I need the amp and centre dash speaker replacing.

They want 1400 odd pounds to replace and fit and have offered 50% goodwill, which whilst appreciated I can't really afford after just having to pay a similar amount to replace the light.

Having read up on this, there seems to be a lot of people who have experienced similar problems and have saved alot of money by replacing the amp themselves (in some cases the amps have managed to be repaired).

So I was wondering:

1) Has anyone experienced anything similar?

2) Looking on RealOEM.com there appears to alot of iterations of the Logic7 (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...85&hg=65&fg=25) - I've come across a 65129150899 (which ended 09/2007) for 250...would this be fine to fit?

3) Anyone have any decent guides to replacing the amp? Is it just a case of hot-swapping them? I'm due to get a dension 500 installed and the audio shop I'm going to use have said if that's the case then they'll do it for me. But it would be useful to have a guide in case I have to do it myself.

4) I read a post on this forum where someone did the procedure on a 7series - the amp is located in the trunk towards the left arch of the wheel - is this the same for the 6 series?

Sorry for the long post, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Sunny

Last edited by gillms1; 02-07-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisement