Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: 07 650i vert, 01 330Cic
Not normal behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpaulo View Post
i have to hook it up to a battery charger if I don't drive it for a week.. kinda lame if you think about it... but better safe than having to pay for a new battery
I had the same problem. I kept mine on a tender too to prevent all those problems. But after several software updates for various problems and possibly a few 80mi drives, the problem went away. Thought I'd need a new battery, but I no longer keep it on the tender and I've stopped having the problems that you report. Get it checked by your dealer and don't give up.

Regarding what I discovered after buying it: The creme beige leather is beautiful to look at, but it gets really dirty really fast if I drive with the top down. I spend lots of time cleaning it with a damp cloth and then occasional Lexol cleaner and conditioner. The matching floor mats are the same. I bought some dark blue mats that match the exterior color and I"m MUCH happier.