Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: A Vehicle
I heard that they keep saying that they're going to end the Eco credit, but it keeps getting extended. I guess maybe this is to blow out the current X5s before they go to the updated model in early 2010?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 Xdrive 35d
This is the linktomy aaa midatlantic car buying site : http://aaamidatlantic.zag.com/main.html
Old 12-30-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmangus View Post
This is the linktomy aaa midatlantic car buying site : http://aaamidatlantic.zag.com/main.html
Thanks for the link. Sadly, I don't think we have anything like that out here:

http://www.aaawa.com/index.asp?zip=98122
Old 12-30-2009, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: 328i Xenon, HD, USB,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfish View Post
Thanks for the link. Sadly, I don't think we have anything like that out here:

http://www.aaawa.com/index.asp?zip=98122
But did you start configuring your vehicle and entered your zip code with the site given by him ? It should refer you to dealer near you.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_ATLAST View Post
But did you start configuring your vehicle and entered your zip code with the site given by him ? It should refer you to dealer near you.
Oh, you're right, I can do it using my zip code. Hmmm.... after putting all the same options, looks like the AAA site got a *slightly* better % off of MSRP than I did. I negotiated 4.25% off and AAA came out to 4.43%. Still, I'm printing the result out for reference.

The other whole X factor is this news of the 2011 revised X5 model coming out in March. If that's the case, then I'm leaning towards holding off on the purchase (I can wait a few months), but I have a suspicion that they might not still have the eco credit and may not be as willing to bargain. Well, regarding the latter part, it may not matter with this new AAA method you so kindly shared (thank you!).

Ah, decisions decisions....

Last edited by tangfish; 12-30-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
I think we all got a GREAT deal!

In my opinion we all here in USA got a great deal on the X5 35d, regardless what we ended up paying! With the Eco credit, the diesel credit and the sales tax deduction for those who bought in 2009, we got an outstanding deal.

Out of curiosity, I went on the BMW web site for my native country Finland and built a 2010 X5 35d exactly to the same specs that we just ordered. Our price for the vehicle bought in U.S. with all the taxes, title and tag fees came to $56,275. The MSRP of an equivalent vehicle in Finland would have cost us $155,305 with today's exchange rates. Of that price a whopping 32% was taxes, a 22% VAT and a 10% CO2-tax.

I don't want to turn this thread to a political debate, but this is one of the reasons we left that craziness and moved here to pursue our dreams. I sincerely hope that we can continue pursuing that dream in the future.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Last edited by finnbmw; 01-01-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-31-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbmw View Post
In my opinion we all here in USA got a great deal on the X5 35d, regardless what we ended up paying! With the Eco credit, the diesel credit and the sales tax deduction for those who bought in 2009, we got an outstanding deal.

Out of curiosity, I went on the BMW web site for my native country Finland and built a 2010 X5 35d exactly to the same specs that we just ordered. Our price for the vehicle bought in U.S. with all the taxes, title and tag fees came to $56,275. The MSRP of an equivalent vehicle in Finland would have cost us $155,305 with today's exchange rates. Of that price a whopping 32% was taxes, a 22% VAT and a 10% CO2-tax.

I don't want to turn this thread to a political debate, but this is one of the reasons we left that craziness and moved here to pursue our dreams. I sincerely hope that we can continue pursuing that dream in the future.

Happy New Year, everybody!
If I ever move to Finland (there are many reasons to), I'm getting a dogsled in the winter and roller blades in the summer.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 Xdrive 35d
Well, apparently the State of PA thinks my deal on my X5 35d was too good. They are asking for proof of sale price as they don't believe the sale price we paid PA tax on!

They must really be hurting revenue wise. I will send the sales contract and receipt as proof. Now I know that AAA was definitely the way for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmangus View Post