BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Well that was short lived..

11K views 60 replies 23 participants last post by  guerilla twang 
#1 ·
Well, 1 month and 10 days after bring my 325i back from Chicago I successfully wrecked the s*** out of it. Hit a patch of ice, regained control only to slide over another patch, and off the road into 2 trees. FML

I'll have pictures of the wreck tomorrow once I go over to the body shop where it's at. Waiting to hear from the adjuster on whether or not it's totaled. I'm thinking so, the whole front end is smashed in, front axle is nice and twisted, and the airbags went off. Honestly i'm just happy I walked away with-out injury.

Anywho, i've already begun shopping for the next e9x incase mine turns out to be totaled.

I've come across a '06 330i, fully loaded, sport, prem, cold, idrive for 17700. There's one catch, it's a salvage title due to fresh water breaching the cabin. Is this a big no-no? I was thinking about flying down to test drive it later this week, and i'm contemplating whether it is even worth it or not.

#39 ·
I wouldn't say it's buggy. It's just a fairly plain-jane system. Finding your way around can take some time. Live traffic feature isn't all its cracked up to be. Ipod interface is decent however.

#43 ·
gt, it doesn't look good. The sunroof picture looks troubling on its own, and the front shots are some MAJOR damage. I agree with furby that you probably want this one to be totalled, it'll never be the same again.

Sorry for your loss -- hope you find a nice replacement soon. :)

#46 ·
'Twang, if you hit hard enough to cause some rippling in roof sheet metal things are looking better for you and worse for the car. Your unibody is designed with a front crumple zone to protect the main compartment. If the forces got transmitted into the center area chances are it's a total. The deciding factor is going to be how much damage your engine and transmission suffered.

#50 ·
Car is totaled! Made an exorbitant amount of money off of it, surprisingly.

Should be hopping into my new 330i next week. All I have to do is decide between these two cars, and I want 'festers to help me choose!

This car below is the exact same as my 325, only its a 330, leaning towards this one with 2k less miles for 19,900, AND i can take out my euro armrest from the old one and put it into this badboy
http://www.motorsourceinc.com/detail-2006-bmw-3~series-330i_sedan-4794642.html

White with Terra leather, located in texas 42,xxx miles for 19,800 I am just absolutely in love with the interior leather on this...
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=335311670

So basically the choice is between Barrique ext. or Terra int. I know only i can decide and it's based on what I like and all that jazz, I'm just looking for some outside opinions.

#55 ·
I don't know why, but I also get a better vibe from the Barrique listing than the AW listing... maybe because they list all the packages correctly...

I personally like the Barrique with beige one. Well, figures, since I also have a beige interior.

Good price for CPO '06s in the States. :thumbup:

#57 ·
I don't know why, but I also get a better vibe from the Barrique listing than the AW listing... maybe because they list all the packages correctly...

I personally like the Barrique with beige one. Well, figures, since I also have a beige interior.

Good price for CPO '06s in the States. :thumbup:
I think the listing is more accurate on the Barrique because it's an independent luxury dealer, a little more detailed and such, rather than the AW at a nissan dealership..show's a bit of laziness on that dealer's part since they didn't look up the accurate package listings.

#59 ·
Go with the Barrique. You didn't get to enjoy that Euro Split Armrest long enough. (I'm a pragmatist :))

#61 ·
It seems according to the Carfax that the Barrique listing has had multiple warranty covered replacements of the Pulse sensor. I'm guessing that's somehow related to engine knock/camshaft operation, but i'm not terribly sure. Anyone care to chime in?

The AW in TX hasn't had any reported problems to date, just all the scheduled maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.