Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 AM
bonzamonza bonzamonza is offline
Registered User
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: BMW 740Li & BMW M3 E92
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

I was a devoted BMW fan but not anymore. They don't deserve our business.

Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 PM
peskas peskas is offline
Registered User
Location: Columbus, Ohio
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750Li
I just got my 2009 750Li with sport package back from the dealer for the second time on Friday. I must say that I was very pessimistic about whether or not they would actually be able to find anything wrong based on what I've been reading. However, after a 2 day software update that included transmission program changes, the car no longer vibrates when shifting at 30 and at 40 mph. It also doesn't hesitate or get the jerking to-and-fro motion at constant speeds anymore. They even had a BMW technician drive the car with me, and they had a representative from the BMW corporate offices following the problem with me. They also offered me new tires at no cost which would have replaced the Pirelli's with Goodyears. I declined this offer (for now) as I think the Pirelli's are fine. From what I've read, any run flat tire will have some issues when cold after not being driven for a while. To my suprise, the car is performing flawlessly. They really fixed it!!! The tires seem fine with no detectable shimmy either...even when they are cold. This software update is new, so I hope it helps everyone who has had the same problem finally get some satisfaction. The car really is a dream when it's running perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
One of the reason(s) why i'm pushing bcool to make this a legal issue is that it's the only way BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ in Munich will get to know about this vibration problem. If the dealership statement that "...there're other F01/02 experiencing the same vibration problem..." then BMW HQ OUGHT to be aware of this and jump on the issue before it's too late.

By now we're all aware of what has happen to Toyota. After almost a year of denial and blaming the problem on stuck floor mat, they've admitted there is a major problem and have recall 8 million Toyota vehicles. Not only will this recall affect their safety reputation, it'll drive away some of their loyal customers and also affect their Q2 earnings drastically (somewhere in the ball park of 2 billion or more).

Right now, the local BMW dealership and the regional manager is playing games with bcool and i GUARANTEE you BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ leadership are not even aware of this vibration problem that seems to be going on with some of the F01/02 and how bcool car has being in the shop for 90 days plus and still making payments on it.

In summary, the ONLY way to resolve this issue is to force BMW HQ to start investigating the vibration problem on the F01/02 and it may take the court/legal system to open this case up to get BMW HQ attention. Hopefully, BMW is learning a lesson from Toyota and will not make the same mistake.

bcool,
Just incase BMW try to settle the case, please make sure part of the settlement includes BMW agreeing to investigate the vibration problem. That's the least you could do for all F01/02 owners out there. Just my personal thought, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
any new updates bcool?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1 View Post
Well said asaeban. Really seems like the service manager etc.. are playing games indeed. How long have they had your car now? 100 days? Any updates bcool?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_L View Post
Many years ago I got the same treatment at the hands of Renault in relation to a mis-fire after three attempts to fix the problem according to UK consumer law I can ask for a full refund as the car is not fit for purpose.

On the third attempted fix the service manager said he can get an identical model to do the same so in his eyes there is no fault, I then asked him for this in writing stating that Renault cars have a mis-fire built into the normal running of the engine, the look I got was priceless.

About 1 hour later Renault customer service were on the phone and I got the car replaced for a new model, cs agent told me the dealership was in the crap cos they did not tell Renault technical about the problem apparently there was a fix available but they decided for some reason to not inform them or carry it out.

Don't give up bcool keep records and hit them with everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabgreg View Post
Hi BCOOL,
Just read your post and I have a similar story. I purchased my 750 Li and got it delivered at the end of August 09. After driving about 1 week I noticed the vibration. I took it to the dealer, they verified and said there were defective tires and changed a couple. Still the issue persisted. It was back in the shop again they changed another tire, I'll get the car back and still the same issue. By this time the car was in the shop on numerous occasions and I did believe it was a tire issue, so wasn't really worried. When I purchased, I got 2 sets of rims and tires, one for summer and one for winter. So It was starting to get cold and I decided to not have them mess with it again because I was assuming when I put the winter set on the problem would be solved. Well, In November that was done and still the same issue. That's when I got concerned. There is definitely not a rim or tire issue. The vibration occurs bet 55-65 and the car noticeably "shakes", which is not felt on the steering wheel, but instead on the seat and the entire car. Since Nov. the car has been in the shop for average of 7-8 weeks. They have done pretty much everything - including changing the drive shaft and completely "reprogrammed" the shifting etc. and nothing has helped. I do love this car but it is becoming annoying and a major pain. I try to drive so I don't feel it but it's hard when it's in that speed range. I am waiting to see what BMW has planned and will keep you updated. My dealer admits there is a concern and is trying to get it resolved. We'll see.. But I will take this as far as I need to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzamonza View Post
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

I was a devoted BMW fan but not anymore. They don't deserve our business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskas View Post
I just got my 2009 750Li with sport package back from the dealer for the second time on Friday. I must say that I was very pessimistic about whether or not they would actually be able to find anything wrong based on what I've been reading. However, after a 2 day software update that included transmission program changes, the car no longer vibrates when shifting at 30 and at 40 mph. It also doesn't hesitate or get the jerking to-and-fro motion at constant speeds anymore. They even had a BMW technician drive the car with me, and they had a representative from the BMW corporate offices following the problem with me. They also offered me new tires at no cost which would have replaced the Pirelli's with Goodyears. I declined this offer (for now) as I think the Pirelli's are fine. From what I've read, any run flat tire will have some issues when cold after not being driven for a while. To my suprise, the car is performing flawlessly. They really fixed it!!! The tires seem fine with no detectable shimmy either...even when they are cold. This software update is new, so I hope it helps everyone who has had the same problem finally get some satisfaction. The car really is a dream when it's running perfectly.
Thanks so much for all your fantastic input and encouragement. My deep apologies for not getting back to any of you for the past few weeks. As you are all aware my city is hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics...so been really busy. Thinking of my car in the shop(113 days and counting!) puts me bad mood .

LATEST UPDATE:

Talked to the service manager few weeks ago 2/8/2010 and he apolgized for all the delays and thanked for my incredible patience.
He informed that b/c some other 750i's have similiar vibration issue to some extent it is a non fixable repair!?!?!? Of course I told him that it is not acceptable...period. I recently test drove the 750Li and it is smooth. BMW responded: "sir...that is a not the same car b/c it is built on a different platform/chassis, so not fair to compare". HUH??? In fact the demo that was provided on my original test drive the day I took delivery was an 750Li and was clearly told that it is the exact same car but only 6"shorter and will drive the exact same. Obviously it does not. Regardless, isn't it reasonable to expect that an 750i should drive as smooth as 3 or 5 series?

The service manager admitted such things such as my car is exhibiting vibration/shimmy to a greater extent than others. When I asked if he would accept it if it were his car, he replied "No i would not". He said he told BMW Canada he can't fix it . He told me he would talk to BMW Canada to suggest they do a buy back or trade assist. I have no faith in BMW Canada as the last correspondence the customer rep hung up on me"thank you for your time..click" ,when I said this is not acceptable!

Waiting patiently, the service manager finally got back to me 2.5 weeks later which was today 2/25/2010 but just left a msg. I called back but was only able to leave a msg also. Really desperately hope this gets resolved soon.
Btw I did have meeting w my lawyer few days ago. He strongly recommend I exhaust all efforts before he takes over b/c it would be more favorable in front of the courts.

Oh yes, on a side note....during the conversation the service manager said "i need to get the courtesy car back sometime soon" . I responded "how about my brand new 750i back FIXED or replaced asap?" He responded " oh yes totally understand" btw I got an x3 with no nav, bluetooth etc... . No offence x3 owners but I think I rather drive the 7 .
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
LovinM6's Avatar
LovinM6 LovinM6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern California Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 513
Mein Auto: 2010 750 Li
I just don't understand it. Through the years I have always found BMW to be an incredible company to deal with and have always seen them do the correct thing. I am at a loss for words.

Whatever is going on either with your dealer, your lawyer or BMW of Canada, I would suggest a change in direction. What you are doing is not working and something is wrong somewhere, IMHO.

Good luck and I hope this gets resolved shortly. Your patience is greater than mine, by a long shot!
__________________
2010 BMW 750 Li


2010 750 Li |Citrin Black|Amaro Brown Leather|IndividualComposition|Piano Black Wood Trim|

2012 MB Designo S 550
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Ian_L Ian_L is offline
Registered User
Location: Belfast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport
If BMW Canada have no ideas surely they should be contacting Munich??

I'd try emailing BMW Germany and put them in the loop and try to force BMW Canada's hand??

customer.service@bmw.com this is BMW AG customer email so straight to Munich it will go (I think???)
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
SAMLAMBO SAMLAMBO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 766
Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
Me to had a similar problem but apparently it's not an issue anymore, please read here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=436788
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-28-2010, 04:18 AM
2thfixr 2thfixr is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2009 750Li
My wife has a 09 750Li that we picked up in Oct. I've only driven the car 3-4x and have been disappointed with the ride and stupid e-throttle/transmission every time. I noticed a slight vibration going down the road at 50-60 today and attributed it to the run flats but after reading this thread I'm not so sure. Having had a 03 745Li, I can tell you this 09 doesn't ride nearly as nice as my old 7. Is it possible the rear wheel steering is contributing to the problem? Maybe alignment shifts under load and makes the rear end squirrely within a certain speed range? It would explain the seat of the pants feel vs steering wheel shimmy.
__________________
___________________
Robert

2009 750Li
2008 911 Turbo
2009 Escalade ESV
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 AM
2thfixr 2thfixr is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2009 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Me to had a similar problem but apparently it's not an issue anymore, please read here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=436788
Hmm I was thinking run flats too but the OP in this thread said he had his tires replaced 3x and another poster said he had snow tires/rims (non run flat) installed and had the same issue.
__________________
___________________
Robert

2009 750Li
2008 911 Turbo
2009 Escalade ESV
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-28-2010, 04:30 AM
SAMLAMBO SAMLAMBO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 766
Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
Ok guys than how do you explain what I went through over the weekend? We put on the normal tyres and I did not have any vibration at all. However I decided to stick with the run flats as the vinration is very very slight, not something you will feel right away unless your a car nut like myself. I also did have a seat in my friends 07 730Li which also uses run flats and he had the same issue and at the same speed like mine.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:20 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Ok guys than how do you explain what I went through over the weekend? We put on the normal tyres and I did not have any vibration at all. However I decided to stick with the run flats as the vinration is very very slight, not something you will feel right away unless your a car nut like myself. I also did have a seat in my friends 07 730Li which also uses run flats and he had the same issue and at the same speed like mine.
That is fantastic Samlambo that your BMW service team fixed your issue just like Peskas on prevoius post had his issue properly diagnosed and corrected. Kudos for both those teams and great that your cars are running flawless now.
Since my BMW service team already tried 3 new sets of tires and different wheel combinations etc..., it is quite evident it is a different problem. Nonetheless, really glad to hear your are satisfied and enjoying your 7. Really wish I can say the same . I got a new shocking update but I got to run for now and will post later.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzamonza View Post
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

I was a devoted BMW fan but not anymore. They don't deserve our business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thfixr View Post
My wife has a 09 750Li that we picked up in Oct. I've only driven the car 3-4x and have been disappointed with the ride and stupid e-throttle/transmission every time. I noticed a slight vibration going down the road at 50-60 today and attributed it to the run flats but after reading this thread I'm not so sure. Having had a 03 745Li, I can tell you this 09 doesn't ride nearly as nice as my old 7. Is it possible the rear wheel steering is contributing to the problem? Maybe alignment shifts under load and makes the rear end squirrely within a certain speed range? It would explain the seat of the pants feel vs steering wheel shimmy.
THanks Bonzamonza and 2thfxr for your sharing...really appreciate it.
For your info, mine does not have rear wheel steering.
Will post in the next day or so some shocking info...just have to head out in few minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinM6 View Post
I just don't understand it. Through the years I have always found BMW to be an incredible company to deal with and have always seen them do the correct thing. I am at a loss for words.

Whatever is going on either with your dealer, your lawyer or BMW of Canada, I would suggest a change in direction. What you are doing is not working and something is wrong somewhere, IMHO.

Good luck and I hope this gets resolved shortly. Your patience is greater than mine, by a long shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_L View Post
If BMW Canada have no ideas surely they should be contacting Munich??

I'd try emailing BMW Germany and put them in the loop and try to force BMW Canada's hand??

customer.service@bmw.com this is BMW AG customer email so straight to Munich it will go (I think???)
Thanks again LovinM6, your words actually gave me a smile when you credit me with great patience. To me that is a great compliment.
Thanks Ian_L...that sounds like a plan.

I got some shocking stuff to share but it might be kinda of longer post so I will share very soon.

To everyone reading...I just want to say thank you for all your encouragement and great input. Kinda feel sorry that this post is of a negative nature and not of a joyful one as many of the posts are. So..I sincerely thank YOU.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-28-2010, 01:54 PM
greg1 greg1 is offline
greg1
Location: Calgary
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Thanks again LovinM6, your words actually gave me a smile when you credit me with great patience. To me that is a great compliment.
Thanks Ian_L...that sounds like a plan.

I got some shocking stuff to share but it might be kinda of longer post so I will share very soon.

To everyone reading...I just want to say thank you for all your encouragement and great input. Kinda feel sorry that this post is of a negative nature and not of a joyful one as many of the posts are. So..I sincerely thank YOU.
Bcool absolutely no reason to be sorry. BMW should be sorry... NOT you at any stretch of the imagination. Seems like that most of us especialy myself are really appreciative that you are sharing this unfortunate experience.

As Asaseaben wisely stated, no one should have to pay for a premium car as it sits in the shop with no fault of their own. I really starting to wonder why on earth BMW will not own up or man up also. Is this another denial/conspiracy like Toyota? Hmmmm. Sure smells like it.

Obviously lot of happy owners with flawless cars out there but dang this is a nightmare indeed. 4 months in the shop now? PLEASE hang in there and please give us that update. I also concur BMW 100% should give you a new car and full compensation of the crap you have to go thru!

Hope you enjoy the gold medal game as I am (writing this during 2nd period intermission): Canada 2 USA 1 end of 2nd!!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
SAMLAMBO SAMLAMBO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 766
Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
That is fantastic Samlambo that your BMW service team fixed your issue just like Peskas on prevoius post had his issue properly diagnosed and corrected. Kudos for both those teams and great that your cars are running flawless now.
Since my BMW service team already tried 3 new sets of tires and different wheel combinations etc..., it is quite evident it is a different problem. Nonetheless, really glad to hear your are satisfied and enjoying your 7. Really wish I can say the same . I got a new shocking update but I got to run for now and will post later.
Apparently it is not an issue but the nature ofthe runflats, they just gace me the option of switching back to normal tyres which I did try and was all ok. however I am sticking with the runflats.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:18 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1 View Post
Bcool absolutely no reason to be sorry. BMW should be sorry... NOT you at any stretch of the imagination. Seems like that most of us especialy myself are really appreciative that you are sharing this unfortunate experience.

As Asaseaben wisely stated, no one should have to pay for a premium car as it sits in the shop with no fault of their own. I really starting to wonder why on earth BMW will not own up or man up also. Is this another denial/conspiracy like Toyota? Hmmmm. Sure smells like it.

Obviously lot of happy owners with flawless cars out there but dang this is a nightmare indeed. 4 months in the shop now? PLEASE hang in there and please give us that update. I also concur BMW 100% should give you a new car and full compensation of the crap you have to go thru!

Hope you enjoy the gold medal game as I am (writing this during 2nd period intermission): Canada 2 USA 1 end of 2nd!!
Thanks Greg1 I really appreciate your support along with others!
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabgreg View Post
Hi BCOOL,
Just read your post and I have a similar story. I purchased my 750 Li and got it delivered at the end of August 09. After driving about 1 week I noticed the vibration. I took it to the dealer, they verified and said there were defective tires and changed a couple. Still the issue persisted. It was back in the shop again they changed another tire, I'll get the car back and still the same issue. By this time the car was in the shop on numerous occasions and I did believe it was a tire issue, so wasn't really worried. When I purchased, I got 2 sets of rims and tires, one for summer and one for winter. So It was starting to get cold and I decided to not have them mess with it again because I was assuming when I put the winter set on the problem would be solved. Well, In November that was done and still the same issue. That's when I got concerned. There is definitely not a rim or tire issue. The vibration occurs bet 55-65 and the car noticeably "shakes", which is not felt on the steering wheel, but instead on the seat and the entire car. Since Nov. the car has been in the shop for average of 7-8 weeks. They have done pretty much everything - including changing the drive shaft and completely "reprogrammed" the shifting etc. and nothing has helped. I do love this car but it is becoming annoying and a major pain. I try to drive so I don't feel it but it's hard when it's in that speed range. I am waiting to see what BMW has planned and will keep you updated. My dealer admits there is a concern and is trying to get it resolved. We'll see.. But I will take this as far as I need to.
Fabgreg,
Let me tell you that you are 100% not hullicinating b/c some of the cars including mine are doing the same thing which is not only abnormal but completely annoying. Please keep us up to date.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzamonza View Post
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

I was a devoted BMW fan but not anymore. They don't deserve our business.

Hello Bonzamonza and everyone else.

I am writing an update in which I will try my best not to do in anger.
UPDATE:
I got a call yesterday from BMW Autowest Service Manager telling me to come pick up my car b/c they need the courtesy car back and there is nothing more they can do.
Their conclusion is that the vibration problem is a normal characteristic of the 750i!!!
BUT at the same time admit mine has a more intense shimmy/vibration!?!??!
So...BMW wants me the customer to figure how to fix it on my own?!?!?!

Today I went to pick up my car and went on a road test with the service manager. He concurs that the vibration/shimmy is obvious and noticeable. He also admitted during the road test that as a former mechanic he feels it was a huge letdown not to be able to fix this issue.
He says now that he has delivered the car back to me, he can now fight for me with BMW Canada. Hmmmm...why not before?!?!

This one big nightmare!! But wait it gets better. I noticed that the car has over 300kms on it since I brought it in and when I asked the service manager he just looked embarrassed. He said probably went on lot of road tests. But 300kms?!?! Least of my concerns right now so let it go.
THen as soon as I get home I notice a door ding on the rear passenger side door. I called right away and l/m w the service manager. Then...later on after dinner I noticed my dvd's were missing from trunk that I had placed there to watch. I called and left message w service manager just now and asked him to tell whoever 'borrowed' my dvd's to return them BUT now I am wondering if someone took up my car for pleasure b/c things are not adding up.
REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 AM
asaseaban's Avatar
asaseaban asaseaban is offline
Y ask y? Ask y not!
Location: DMV
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 576
Mein Auto: F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Hello Bonzamonza and everyone else.

I am writing an update in which I will try my best not to do in anger.
UPDATE:
I got a call yesterday from BMW Autowest Service Manager telling me to come pick up my car b/c they need the courtesy car back and there is nothing more they can do.
Their conclusion is that the vibration problem is a normal characteristic of the 750i!!!
BUT at the same time admit mine has a more intense shimmy/vibration!?!??!
So...BMW wants me the customer to figure how to fix it on my own?!?!?!

Today I went to pick up my car and went on a road test with the service manager. He concurs that the vibration/shimmy is obvious and noticeable. He also admitted during the road test that as a former mechanic he feels it was a huge letdown not to be able to fix this issue.
He says now that he has delivered the car back to me, he can now fight for me with BMW Canada. Hmmmm...why not before?!?!

This one big nightmare!! But wait it gets better. I noticed that the car has over 300kms on it since I brought it in and when I asked the service manager he just looked embarrassed. He said probably went on lot of road tests. But 300kms?!?! Least of my concerns right now so let it go.
THen as soon as I get home I notice a door ding on the rear passenger side door. I called right away and l/m w the service manager. Then...later on after dinner I noticed my dvd's were missing from trunk that I had placed there to watch. I called and left message w service manager just now and asked him to tell whoever 'borrowed' my dvd's to return them BUT now I am wondering if someone took up my car for pleasure b/c things are not adding up.
REALLY DISAPPOINTED!
bcool,

Did you seek your lawyer's advise before taking the car back? Personally, i think you've made a big mistake taking the car back. The dealership DID acknowledge your car had vibration/shimmy problem and that's why they kept it in the shop for all these months. You should NOT have accepted the car untill it was fixed.

Also, you should have done a thorough inspection of your car and reported any damages/missing items, etc to the manager/foremen and refuse taking the car back untill the damage has being fixed and/or your missing items return.

I'm afraid the manager lied to you. He had a better chance fighting for you when the car was in his possession than now that it is in your possession.

You really need to sit down with your lawyer and straighten things out because now that you've taken the car back it is assume that you're satisfied with the condition the car is in.

If the dealership wanted their loaner back that bad, you could've jump into a rental and tell the dealership to either fix your car or replace it. You'll not accept the car untill the acknowledge vibration/shimmy problem has being fixed.

I don't mean to jump on you or be hash but i hate when people take advantage of nice people like you. The dealership and the rest of BMW reps recognized you were patient and kind so they ran over you.

Unless you have prove of your DVDs being in the car at the time you drop it off, i doubt you can win this one.

300kms is a lot of miles just for testing but looking at how long the car has being in the shop i can see the dealership making a justification for this.

You NEED to make this a legal issue in order for BMW HQs or BMW NA or NHSB or whomever the big people are to be aware of this problem.

If all these TOYOTA drivers have being nice and patient as you have being i don't think TOYOTA would've own up to any of these major issues.

Please fight on behalf for the rest of F01/02 owners having these vibration problems.

Good luck and may the gods be with ya
__________________
_______________
2000 740iL Space Gray - Sold
2003 745Li Titanium Silver - Sold
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Hello Bonzamonza and everyone else.

I am writing an update in which I will try my best not to do in anger.
UPDATE:
I got a call yesterday from BMW Autowest Service Manager telling me to come pick up my car b/c they need the courtesy car back and there is nothing more they can do.
Their conclusion is that the vibration problem is a normal characteristic of the 750i!!!
BUT at the same time admit mine has a more intense shimmy/vibration!?!??!
So...BMW wants me the customer to figure how to fix it on my own?!?!?!

Today I went to pick up my car and went on a road test with the service manager. He concurs that the vibration/shimmy is obvious and noticeable. He also admitted during the road test that as a former mechanic he feels it was a huge letdown not to be able to fix this issue.
He says now that he has delivered the car back to me, he can now fight for me with BMW Canada. Hmmmm...why not before?!?!

This one big nightmare!! But wait it gets better. I noticed that the car has over 300kms on it since I brought it in and when I asked the service manager he just looked embarrassed. He said probably went on lot of road tests. But 300kms?!?! Least of my concerns right now so let it go.
THen as soon as I get home I notice a door ding on the rear passenger side door. I called right away and l/m w the service manager. Then...later on after dinner I noticed my dvd's were missing from trunk that I had placed there to watch. I called and left message w service manager just now and asked him to tell whoever 'borrowed' my dvd's to return them BUT now I am wondering if someone took up my car for pleasure b/c things are not adding up.
REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

It is 8:45am and just got call from service manager so I think it is appropriate to give update based on my last posting.
I told him how I 100% know I have dvd's in my trunk(I bought 2 copies of certain titles: 1 for car and 1 for home). He said most likely that when they cleaned the car they forgot to put it back. I responded that is reasonable explanation. He told that they of course will take care of the door ding and replace the dvd's.
Told him let's focus on the main issue at hand. Told him as our road test I drove the car last night and seriously feel the ride is if one of the wheels is damaged or loose b/c the car wobbles so much. He said "yes, I know". I said I am trusting you are really going to fight for me otherwise I like to know pretty quick so I can pursue the other route/course of action. He assured me he will for sure , since he went on a road test with me yesterday and acknowledges the vehicle noticeablu is more intense shimmy/vibration than other 750i. So he will contact BMW Canada. Told him ok I will wait to here from shortly.
In all honesty, I know lawsuit maybe inevitable but I am strong believer in going that route as the absolutely last resort and thankfully I have a lawyer who agrees with that ideology.
Will keep you posted!
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
bcool,

Did you seek your lawyer's advise before taking the car back? Personally, i think you've made a big mistake taking the car back. The dealership DID acknowledge your car had vibration/shimmy problem and that's why they kept it in the shop for all these months. You should NOT have accepted the car untill it was fixed.

Also, you should have done a thorough inspection of your car and reported any damages/missing items, etc to the manager/foremen and refuse taking the car back untill the damage has being fixed and/or your missing items return.

I'm afraid the manager lied to you. He had a better chance fighting for you when the car was in his possession than now that it is in your possession.

You really need to sit down with your lawyer and straighten things out because now that you've taken the car back it is assume that you're satisfied with the condition the car is in.

If the dealership wanted their loaner back that bad, you could've jump into a rental and tell the dealership to either fix your car or replace it. You'll not accept the car untill the acknowledge vibration/shimmy problem has being fixed.

I don't mean to jump on you or be hash but i hate when people take advantage of nice people like you. The dealership and the rest of BMW reps recognized you were patient and kind so they ran over you.

Unless you have prove of your DVDs being in the car at the time you drop it off, i doubt you can win this one.

300kms is a lot of miles just for testing but looking at how long the car has being in the shop i can see the dealership making a justification for this.

You NEED to make this a legal issue in order for BMW HQs or BMW NA or NHSB or whomever the big people are to be aware of this problem.

If all these TOYOTA drivers have being nice and patient as you have being i don't think TOYOTA would've own up to any of these major issues.

Please fight on behalf for the rest of F01/02 owners having these vibration problems.

Good luck and may the gods be with ya
THanks so much Asaseabean.
I really appreciate your wisdom and sincere advice. The car is going in for the door ding repair soon anyways but you maybe right, perhaps the service manager is not being truthful. I kind of always wondered when he tells me stuff like 'yes, i would not accept it if it were my car' and then BMW Canada says that service manager concludes this is normal characteristic!?!

At least now I got him to promise to fight. Btw I got records of all our conversations which proves everything that the service manager said. In Canada the laws allows us to record conversations as long as one party knows the conversation is being recorded.

But you are right on to continue to fight b/c this is 100% unacceptable. This car serious feels is one of the wheels is about to fall off or one of the wheels is seriously damaged.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:19 AM
asaseaban's Avatar
asaseaban asaseaban is offline
Y ask y? Ask y not!
Location: DMV
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 576
Mein Auto: F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
THanks so much Asaseabean.
I really appreciate your wisdom and sincere advice. The car is going in for the door ding repair soon anyways but you maybe right, perhaps the service manager is not being truthful. I kind of always wondered when he tells me stuff like 'yes, i would not accept it if it were my car' and then BMW Canada says that service manager concludes this is normal characteristic!?!

At least now I got him to promise to fight. Btw I got records of all our conversations which proves everything that the service manager said. In Canada the laws allows us to record conversations as long as one party knows the conversation is being recorded.

But you are right on to continue to fight b/c this is 100% unacceptable. This car serious feels is one of the wheels is about to fall off or one of the wheels is seriously damaged.
You have a good spirit and waaaayyyyyyy tooooo much patience than me so hang in there and know that i'm rooting for ya to come out as a winner.

So i guess they gonna give you a loaner whilst they try to fix the dang in the shop? Didn't they ask for the loaner back only to give it to you back?

Well, enjoy life and don't let this whole car fiasco hold you back.

BTW, i took my car in today for reprogram (ref. "defect code 0061130300") you may wanna ask your dealership to lookup your VIN and see if your ride is affected and get the car reprogam. I'm also getting the latest navigation map and nav OS update (which is not free) but for all the troubles you've being thru maybe the manager will be nice enough to throw those updates in there for free.

Take care and be good
__________________
_______________
2000 740iL Space Gray - Sold
2003 745Li Titanium Silver - Sold
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
bcool,

Did you seek your lawyer's advise before taking the car back? Personally, i think you've made a big mistake taking the car back. The dealership DID acknowledge your car had vibration/shimmy problem and that's why they kept it in the shop for all these months. You should NOT have accepted the car untill it was fixed.

Also, you should have done a thorough inspection of your car and reported any damages/missing items, etc to the manager/foremen and refuse taking the car back untill the damage has being fixed and/or your missing items return.

I'm afraid the manager lied to you. He had a better chance fighting for you when the car was in his possession than now that it is in your possession.

You really need to sit down with your lawyer and straighten things out because now that you've taken the car back it is assume that you're satisfied with the condition the car is in.

If the dealership wanted their loaner back that bad, you could've jump into a rental and tell the dealership to either fix your car or replace it. You'll not accept the car untill the acknowledge vibration/shimmy problem has being fixed.

I don't mean to jump on you or be hash but i hate when people take advantage of nice people like you. The dealership and the rest of BMW reps recognized you were patient and kind so they ran over you.

Unless you have prove of your DVDs being in the car at the time you drop it off, i doubt you can win this one.

300kms is a lot of miles just for testing but looking at how long the car has being in the shop i can see the dealership making a justification for this.

You NEED to make this a legal issue in order for BMW HQs or BMW NA or NHSB or whomever the big people are to be aware of this problem.

If all these TOYOTA drivers have being nice and patient as you have being i don't think TOYOTA would've own up to any of these major issues.

Please fight on behalf for the rest of F01/02 owners having these vibration problems.

Good luck and may the gods be with ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
THanks so much Asaseabean.
I really appreciate your wisdom and sincere advice. The car is going in for the door ding repair soon anyways but you maybe right, perhaps the service manager is not being truthful. I kind of always wondered when he tells me stuff like 'yes, i would not accept it if it were my car' and then BMW Canada says that service manager concludes this is normal characteristic!?!

At least now I got him to promise to fight. Btw I got records of all our conversations which proves everything that the service manager said. In Canada the laws allows us to record conversations as long as one party knows the conversation is being recorded.

But you are right on to continue to fight b/c this is 100% unacceptable. This car serious feels is one of the wheels is about to fall off or one of the wheels is seriously damaged.
Oh yes I forgot to mention to you that I made it clear that I was taking the car back 'under protest' and in no way acknowledge that the car is satisfactory. Service manager said since this is not a safety concern, take the car back as we will still deal w BMW on this issue.

I hope I am NOT being too naive and trusting. At the same time, I have detailed records so at the end of the day..the truth will be revealed. Just thinking also, guys like you Asaseabean keep me encouraged, so....thank you.

Last edited by bcool; 03-05-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
asaseaban's Avatar
asaseaban asaseaban is offline
Y ask y? Ask y not!
Location: DMV
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 576
Mein Auto: F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Oh yes I forgot to mention to you that I made it clear that I was taking the car back 'under protest' and in no way acknowledge that the car is satisfactory. Service manager said since this is not a safety concern, take the car back as we will still deal w BMW on this issue.

I hope I am been to naive and trusting. At the same time, I have detailed records so at the end of the day..the truth will be revealed. Just thinking also, guys like you Asaseabean keep me encouraged, so....thank you.
bcool,

I have a radical idea. Why don't you buy/lease a 2010/2011 F01 from the dealership and sell your F01 to them? You'll probably be making the same payment on the new ride as you are making on the existing ride that you're not enjoying.

If the dealership refuse to buy your F01 because they're aware of the severe vibration/shimmy problem...try another dealership. Buy a new F01 from them so they can buy your F01 and let them deal with the vibration/shimmy problem or they can sell it to someone else who maynot care about the vibration/shimmy problem.

What d'ya think?
__________________
_______________
2000 740iL Space Gray - Sold
2003 745Li Titanium Silver - Sold
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
bcool bcool is online now
Registered User
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 94
Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
bcool,

I have a radical idea. Why don't you buy/lease a 2010/2011 F01 from the dealership and sell your F01 to them? You'll probably be making the same payment on the new ride as you are making on the existing ride that you're not enjoying.

If the dealership refuse to buy your F01 because they're aware of the severe vibration/shimmy problem...try another dealership. Buy a new F01 from them so they can buy your F01 and let them deal with the vibration/shimmy problem or they can sell it to someone else who maynot care about the vibration/shimmy problem.

What d'ya think?
Hello again Asaseaban, That is a actuall a great idea. I do however want to make sure NO one gets stuck with this demon possessed car. It might work if BMW assures they will disclose this issue w the next person.

Perhaps maybe I can pick up a 2011 to my liking and get BMW to pony up the difference in regards to all costs OR if I pay the difference perhaps it will be very concrete as in quantifiable damages that I suffered and easier for my lawyer to litigate.

If you have other radical brilliant ideas...please do share . You gave me some things to think about this weekend indeed.

Never imagined this post will turn out the way it has. Never imagined a car could stress me out . Never imagined the car company that I have always loved is now treating me this way.
This ordeal has been one HUGE ball of frustration. Over the past 4 months I have had countless people ask me if I work for BMW b/c the loaners has these stickers with "BMW AUTO WEST" written on both sides.
I have never had this kind of problem with any car that I have had. I have always read and heard about these kind of nightmare stories and now it has happened to me .
This car is sooo beautiful looking but I am sooo sad that this paticular one shakes and shimmy's abnormally. I hope and pray one day I can post positive comments like the rest of you good people.
Have a great and blessed weekend in the meantime and will keep you posted!!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
asaseaban's Avatar
asaseaban asaseaban is offline
Y ask y? Ask y not!
Location: DMV
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 576
Mein Auto: F02
bcool,

I just got off the phone with my SA and he informed me that the recall for "defect code 0061130300***8207;" is to fix the vibration problem. I don't how true this is but i'm curious to find out so if you could, please contact your SA and schedule a service appointment for them to fix that recall...which is basically a reprogramming of the car. As you know BMW is more electronics than mechanical so this software update/reprogram MAY fix the vibration problem indeed.

For what it's worth, i recommend you call another dealership (not the one you're currently dealing with...i've lost faith in them already) and enquire about any recall campaign for your F01 (gve then your VIN). There should be atleast two (that i'm aware of); one for the drive belt guard cover and one for defect code 0061130300***8207;.

My SA also told me that the reprogramming/software for my car has being crashing all day (which is typical) and they're hoping it'll install/reprogram successfully by Monday. I have a nice X5 loaner without any company logo or courtesy markings on it so i'm going to enjoy that for the weekend.

Incase anyone is interested, i'm getting the latest Navigation map updates (6 disk total according to my SA) and the the Navigation OS update loaded for $170. Not bad compare to when i use to buy NavTeq map updates for $199.
__________________
_______________
2000 740iL Space Gray - Sold
2003 745Li Titanium Silver - Sold
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red

Last edited by asaseaban; 03-05-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms