Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645Ci
Question 645 iDrive version check and update?

When I bought my 645, one of the stipulations that I had put on the purchase agreement was updating the iDrive system to the latest release. After a few phone calls and a visit to activate my BMW Assist, they alluded to the fact that they had NOT updated the software and would typically only do so to fix a "problem" or add a feature. He told me to find anything that might be wrong and they would go ahead and correct it, basically telling me its up to me to tell them if there's an update available.

I asked them for the update to support MP3 capabilities, to which they responded and said its not available for the 2004 645. Is this true? From what I have read on the forums its available to even the early 6ers? If it is available is there some specific software revision i need to specifically ask them for since they claim its not an option?

Also, is there a way for me to check the revision of my iDrive system software myself? I had asked them to at least get me the revision that the car is currently at and they gave me the run around about not wanting to do anything to the software unless theres a problem as they might end up causing more problems than they fix by upgrading.

Any advice on how to get them to proceed? Overall, I was very happy with the dealer during the overall experience and I think their service people are extremely nice, just... not so willing to help a buyer of a USED car.
Advertisement