Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
Diesel Forum Membership Application?

Hi, all...

I'm about to sign the temporary adoption papers (two years' worth) for my 2010 335d...Monaco Blue/Saddle, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, CA, Paddles, Rear Shades, iPod, Logic7...pretty much everything except for Park Assist, Phone (I'm sure I've forgotten something or things).

I'd like to join the Diesel Forum, but wasn't really sure as to how to do so. If there is something that I have to do, and missed, please respond.

Thanks to all, and I am really looking forward to it!

Just as an aside, though perhaps unnecessary, if you're a BMW CCA member, don't forget to send in the Membership Rewards documentation for your rebate...I am pretty sure that the club is very strict about the 60-day limit in which to submit the form, with all required documentation...no faxes or EMails are accepted. I'm sure you know all this, but it's just offered as a reminder.

Richard
Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Freude am Diesel Fahren !

Mein Auto: MY09 335d
Congratulations, Richard !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runon MD1 View Post
Hi, all...

I'm about to sign the temporary adoption papers (two years' worth) for my 2010 335d...Monaco Blue/Saddle, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, CA, Paddles, Rear Shades, iPod, Logic7...pretty much everything except for Park Assist, Phone (I'm sure I've forgotten something or things).

I'd like to join the Diesel Forum, but wasn't really sure as to how to do so. If there is something that I have to do, and missed, please respond.

Richard
Congratulations on your new Bimmer 335d ! You just joined the Diesel Forum ! And there is a social group, also, if you are interested.

Freude am DIESEL Fahren !!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i M-sport Coupe
I want BMWNA to allow dealers to sell the 320d.

That might just be my ideal ride.
PCD - December 16, 2009

Old 03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
I want BMWNA to allow dealers to sell the 320d....
if it were only that easy. they need to certify the whole drivetrain for emmisions. the 20d would be a great engine option to have in an X1 or 3er, but BMWNA needs to commit to the diesel market over here.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Waiting for the d

Mein Auto: '10 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by d geek View Post
if it were only that easy. they need to certify the whole drivetrain for emmisions. the 20d would be a great engine option to have in an X1 or 3er, but BMWNA needs to commit to the diesel market over here.
What's irritating is that our EPA cannot accept Euro testing results. They should have a world standard's rating system for emmissions. Should save billions in cost. But then again, when was the last time government allowed a loss of "revenue?"

'10 335d Monaco blue/oyster/SP/PP/Enhanced Premium Sound/nav from phillipek SBBMW
Click Here for Pics!

Last edited by magbarn; 03-03-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i M-sport Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by d geek View Post
I understand. I waited a very long time to get a BMW and kept waiting and waiting hoping the 320d would make an appearance. I finally had to slum it this past fall with the ride you see in my sig pic.
PCD - December 16, 2009

Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 AM

Diesel Artifact from California

Some day this will be located in an archeological dig outside of Sacramento.

bmw_pc_a0080247_3d0_l2_diesel.pdf

Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Hello propellerhead.. envious?

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
hang up and drive!

Mein Auto: 335d
OK, so the party has moved over here now!

I'm off on a trip to Argentina right now. They have the 320d here. Many cars are diesels, typical of latin america. A local said 99% are manuals, not too many automatics.

A friend just traded in his 3 series (gas) for a little Merc (C something or other). I wanted to tell him he was stupid to do so but he had already convinced himslef the Merc was a better car. I wasn't feeling it in the back seat I can say. Diffrent strokes.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 AM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post

I'm off on a trip to Argentina right now. They have the 320d here. Many cars are diesels, typical of latin america. A local said 99% are manuals, not too many automatics.

A friend just traded in his 3 series (gas) for a little Merc (C something or other). I wanted to tell him he was stupid to do so but he had already convinced himslef the Merc was a better car. I wasn't feeling it in the back seat I can say. Diffrent strokes.
I'm in Madrid right now and all (most) you see here is diesel. Not quite sure on the auto vs manual but from the few I have looked into it seems fairly split. Some really cool cars here.

I gotta say, I am really diggin those 1 series hatchbacks. Four door and two door - I think they look better in person. I would see a market in the US

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 AM

Enjoy the trip !

Hey Flyingman !

You might set automotive journalistic history. I have never read a vehicle review written from the backseat perspective.

Feed us some more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post