Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW X5 35d
Hello all.

I just got back from a long Sunday drive in my 2010 X5 35d and I've got to tell you, I'm in love! This is my first BMW and I will be a returning customer. Not only am I getting 23 mpg with mixed (slightly aggressive) driving, but this car handles so well, I can't believe it's an SUV!

I'm getting married soon and I was thinking I would by my wife-to-be a 335d as a gift. Anyone have any comments on the performance of this BMW?

Thanks all for such a great site. Bimmerfest has been a key asset during my negotiation, purchase, and delivery process. Not to mention the ongoing body of DEEP knowledge it provides for us new owners!

Thanks again!

Brian
Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: Depends
New to the club and wanted to say hello here first!

Hello fellow diesel enthusiasts!

My name is Jim and I just ordered my first BMW-335d I've been a diesel fan for some time, however those have all been trucks, currently have a F250 PSD. After driving the 335d, I was taken by the sporting performance the 3 series has been renowned for, but greatly enhanced by the torque of the d's engine. This combined with the rare benefit of economy sold me on the package. I picked my user name based on the fact that I own two other vehicles with 426+ torque in addition to the 335d-was pleasantly surprised to find it available

I have also spent time looking over the postings here and like many others appreciate the reporting of leading milers like Chris and I'm glad to see that Aaron is local to the DC area as well.

I've arranged an ED of a 2011 in mid May through Joern at Passport and I'm trying to nail down my itinerary now to include taking in the Monaco GP before returning to Munich. Look forward to getting behind the wheel and joining you!

Jim
Old 03-07-2010, 07:53 PM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
A2T-
congrats! sounds like a great ED experience you are lining up.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: '10X5d
'10 X5d named "Ber"

This is my first diesel experience. I have about 500 miles on my new X5d and love it! I've only had to fuel up one time so far. Crazy! I can't wait to finish the break-in period (1200 miles) so that I can really enjoy it.

"Ber" is German for bear. I think it's perfect because it's big, powerful and GROWLS from the Black Forest!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335d
335d owner since March 2009. My first diesel, and so far, I love it. 29k miles, 35.1 average mpg, mostly cruising at 70-80 mph, with the occasional burst to triple digits

It's nice to have a BMW diesel forum. I had to post most of my newb questions over at the VW TDI forums (which is an excellent resource, BTW).
Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 328xi, '11 135i
Hello all.
My first diesel, which I still own, is a 93 Dodge W250 with a Cummins BT5.9, also own a 2k VW 1.9 tdi. When is BMW going to offer us that sweet 200hp 4 cylinder oilburner?? The VW is gone when I can have a 4 cylinder BMW.