Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X6 3.5
Sport suspension/Self-leveling suspension/Adaptive drive

I'm planning on getting a 2011 X5 35d with sport package, which will include the sport suspension, a 3rd row seat, which adds the self-leveling suspension, and adaptive drive, which does all the magic that it does.

I was always planning on the sport+adaptive, but I just realized today that the self-leveling would end up being thrown in there too. Is that going to end up being too much conflicting computer gorp going on with my suspension? Is anything going to cancel the something else out, leaving me with a drive-feeling that I wont like, or is everything going to do the single job that its supposed to do, making me stuck to the ground in both the vertical (adaptive) and horizontal positions (leveling), while keeping me in tight control (sport)?

I have an '03 X5 with sport suspension now and I really like how it drives. I'm a very aggressive driver -- mostly on pushing the limits of my car, not Usually on p*ssing off other drivers.

So, any opinions?
Ads by Google