Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - 2014)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - 2014)
The BMW X6 luxury crossover went on sale in April 2008 as a 2009 model year. BMW referes to the X6 as a Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) as it combines the attributes of an SUV (high ground clearance, xDrive and all-weather ability) with the stance, styling and roof line shape of a coupe. The E71 X6 was built off the E70 X5 (2007 - 2013) platform at BMW's Spartanburg, SC plant. Total worldwide sales were just over 235,000, sold mostly to the BRIC countries. US total sales was 34,082 vehicles.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X6M, 2007 335i coupe
X6M Order Confirmation

For those of you who ordered X6s to your spec, how long did it take between when you ordered your car and when you received confirmation from the factory like the production number? I was expecting to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery but thought there would be some confimation from the factory pretty quickly. For us its been 3 weeks w/o a word.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: X6 50i - 330i
I ordered mine at launch, I received production week number in a week and vin number in about two weeks.

X6 50i /330
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
BMW Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 650i xDrive Converti
I ordered my X6 50i on December 30 (Live in NH, USA)....$800 over invoice. Currenly in status 112 (Scheduled for Production with NO confirmed date!!)

Dealer said production is backed up on X6 (high sales in Europe??) and the scheduled mfg. date of late Feb. cannot be pulled in????

Now 6 weeks in to the order....still at status 112 - Scheduled for Produciton with no confirmed date. !!!! After several calls to the 800 number at the factory, finally got a representative who could tell me my X6 is set to manufacture week 8 (Feb. 15) and completion by end of week 9..ship week 10. No VIN number yet. Such a long wait...but worth it!

My dealer could not tell met the same informaiton for some reason...strange...he just said late Feb. to early March. This ought to get interesting because my deal was in 2009 with the $2,500 holiday cash ..and usually financing rates only hold for 60 days after the program ends...which puts me at end Feb.!

FYI...the website to track your build is useless....always 2 weeks behind reality...I think it's more designed for cars made in Germany destined for USA orders.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X6
I ordered my X6 on December 6th - took delivery in California on Jan 23rd. It seemed to hand in the waiting for production slot on the website forever, but moved very fast after that. Dealer had told me at time of order that it would take about 6-8 weeks total - it came in at a little over 6 weeks. Plus, I had the order number within two days of signing the order forms, though I never got the VIN number until I picked up the car.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 645; 911TT; Maserati
My X6 M Order

I ordered mine on December 3 and it arrived at the dealer on January 16.
BMW X6 M (Alpine White, with Sakhir Orange interior)
Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (Grigio Touring Silver, with Black/Light Gray interior)
Mercedes SL500 (Pewter, with Charcoal Gray interior)
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
BMW Fan

TT Carrera...did your X6 have the Head Up Display Option? Just Curious. I hear the HUD Option 610 is on allocation and delaying new orders. I ordered my X6 50i Dec. 30...was due to be built Jan. 22 but I added the HUD display to the order....it got pushed out to March 10!!! Soooo frustrating this wait. 2nd quesion...did you get the 7RR performance upgrade to add 40 HP? If yes, worth it?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 645; 911TT; Maserati
Heads Up Display

Yes, Mine has it.
BMW X6 M (Alpine White, with Sakhir Orange interior)
Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (Grigio Touring Silver, with Black/Light Gray interior)
Mercedes SL500 (Pewter, with Charcoal Gray interior)
Old 02-22-2010, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: X6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKECARZ View Post
I ordered my X6 50i on December 30 (Live in NH, USA)....$800 over invoice. Currenly in status 112 (Scheduled for Production with NO confirmed date!!)

Dealer said production is backed up on X6 (high sales in Europe??) and the scheduled mfg. date of late Feb. cannot be pulled in????

Now 6 weeks in to the order....still at status 112 - Scheduled for Produciton with no confirmed date. !!!! After several calls to the 800 number at the factory, finally got a representative who could tell me my X6 is set to manufacture week 8 (Feb. 15) and completion by end of week 9..ship week 10. No VIN number yet. Such a long wait...but worth it!

My dealer could not tell met the same informaiton for some reason...strange...he just said late Feb. to early March. This ought to get interesting because my deal was in 2009 with the $2,500 holiday cash ..and usually financing rates only hold for 60 days after the program ends...which puts me at end Feb.!

FYI...the website to track your build is useless....always 2 weeks behind reality...I think it's more designed for cars made in Germany destined for USA orders.
I ordered my car on december 28, X6 5.0. I was told would recieve the vechile in 5 weeks(bull****). The car still has not gone into production. I was told that it would go into production on week 8 also. I just called them and said the car is still not in production. I have left 5 complaints for BMW corperate and they never respond. Now im stuck without a car, ihad to turn in my porsche lease on friday. When i calll the 1800 number nobody can give me and answer why this car has been on order since December 28 2009.You think BMW coperate would return a complaint, this company is such a joke.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysl1 View Post
I ordered my car on december 28, X6 5.0. I was told would recieve the vechile in 5 weeks(bull****). The car still has not gone into production. I was told that it would go into production on week 8 also. I just called them and said the car is still not in production. I have left 5 complaints for BMW corperate and they never respond. Now im stuck without a car, ihad to turn in my porsche lease on friday. When i calll the 1800 number nobody can give me and answer why this car has been on order since December 28 2009.You think BMW coperate would return a complaint, this company is such a joke.

Please let me know if you get an update on you vechile
Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
BMW Fan

Man this is frustrating. After 4 calls to my dealer about the delay and trying to get a loaner car, they told me the build date was pulled in to week 9 (first week March) from week 10. Lets see if I can hosed as well. Dealer says I'll have the car by March 20 or sooner....I hope so because that is week 12! Not likely to give the dealer a good review / survey...they have given me BS about the build date.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Im trying to get a loaner also but dealer says only for repairs of cars, that the insurance will not cover it for my situation. Probally another run around. Im trying to get them to pay for my rental car. let me know if your able to get a rental car
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Man this is frustrating. After 4 calls to my dealer about the delay and trying to get a loaner car, they told me the build date was pulled in to week 9 (first week March) from week 10. Lets see if I can hosed as well. Dealer says I'll have the car by March 20 or sooner....I hope so because that is week 12! Not likely to give the dealer a good review / survey...they have given me BS about the build date.
I called the 1800 number today and they said the car just went into production today at 1130 am, Hope its true, give them a call and see what going on with yours.
good luck
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 PM
BMW Fan

Did the same...called the factory 800 number...auto attendent said the same ole Scheduled for Production with no Confirmed Date. Then hit 0 and spoke with someone who told me Production started yesterday, 2/24. Got the VIN #. I then called the dealer to INFORM them... they said it was Great News!!!! Uuuuuuuugh! Should have the car in two weeks. No loaner.... the dealer said they would ask BMW to cover some of my out of pocket cost for a rental since they pushed delivery out twice... Let me know how you make out!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 AM
BMW Fan

My X6 is built....and in route to my dealer in NH. Taking delivery on Saturday 13 March! Can't wait....got it loaded....!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:27 AM
BMW Fan

I got it the baby on March 13! It's a Beautiful thing!...oh not a thing....an automobile!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X6 xDrive 35i
mine 2

Quote:
My X6 is built....and in route to my dealer in NH. Taking delivery on Saturday 13 March! Can't wait....got it loaded....!
same here... I live in NC. Mine took about 6weeks as well and delivered to the dealership on 13th. I'm picking it up tomorrow. can't wait.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: Infiniti M45
How close to invoice were you guys able to get on X6M? I am in NY and I was just offered $1K over invoice and wonder if that's a good deal. Do you think I can buy this at invoice or below?