Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

Old 03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Talking My 600rr thread

I'm starting this thread in advance because I can't wait for spring to come lol I'll update this as I continue to build up my bike to get it exactly where I want it

I've got my eyes set on a bunch of little goodies to really personalize and enhance my bike's performance. Its a 2006 Honda CBR 600rr with Repsol fairings. I love the bike to death, and its hard to beat the agility of a 600. Here are my "for sure" plans for spring:

1. Quick sprocket kit, 520 chain conversion (remove one tooth on front, add two in rear)- Drastically increases off the line performance, without reducing top speed. Also reduces rotational mass, dyno proven 3% increase in WHP. Price- $145

2. Shorty brake/clutch levers- The stock levers are decent, but lack adjustability and the design is flimsy and cheap feeling. The bearings also become loose and the levers have a lot of movement and play which I can't stand. After riding on my cousins 1000rr with shorty levers I can't wait to upgrade the levers on my bike! I will most likely be buying the ebay version, same as my cousin. Price- $120

3. SS brake lines- Again, after riding on my cousins bike before and after SS lines, I'm convinced these may be the best brake mod available. The feel and feedback is much greater, and inspires more confidence in your brakes. Also, many have got a lifetime warranty, and they look sweet! Galfer or HEL are the best known, and I'll probably get red . Price- $110

4. Carbon Fiber Parts- This is for cosmetic benefits only I have my eye on a couple different parts that will really improve the appearence by covering up the tan/bronze engine components. Each peice runs at least $80, the parts I want are engine/stator covers, front/rear fenders, heat shield. I think it'll give it a nice "race inspired" look.

I also plan on upgrading the exhaust, most likely a slip on, power commander, and higher flowing air filter. I can't wait for this stuff to start coming, I'll keep ya'll updated
Old 03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I am THE DECIDER!

Mein Auto: 05 pt cruiser
I'm poor since I just bought my 600rr However I might be selling my old bike this weekend so I may have some spending money.

I want to get the obvious sprockets. I'm going to get my power commander tuned next week.

i want to also get these

and Hid headlights
http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/h...ballasts-p-209

Where are you getting that sprocket kit from ryan?

Last edited by 77vetteguy; 03-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Please, call me Brian.

A local guy had those angel eyes in his CBR, forget what brand and where he got it from, but they burnt out after 2 months... I also got HID lights to go in..

You're gonna love the 600rr, yours was an 05 correct? For the sprocket kit I'll either get it from a local hook up (friend of a friend's mom works at a local powersports shop and gets a 30% discount on anything in the store ), otherwise I'll buy the name brand kit off ebay..
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Full Tilt Boogie

Send a message via ICQ to Sandmansc Send a message via AIM to Sandmansc Send a message via MSN to Sandmansc Send a message via Yahoo to Sandmansc
Mein Auto: 2007 328i Sport 6MT
It's a sweet bike...can't wait to see pictures of it!

Do me a favor and add Pirelli Corsa III's to the top of your list.

Last think you wanna do is scratch up that Repsol with the slick stock tires.

Here's how I would order things.

AFTER MARKET ADJUSTABLE DAMPER (I prefer GPR) Take that wobble out at high speeds, decrease chances of a tumble.

520 Kit - You nailed it!

BMC Race Filter - Take in more air

Exhaust - Looks Good, Better Sound, More HP

PCIII - Map the new air/fuel flow.

Beaded Lines - Consistent Braking is a must if you're stunting or racing. Other than that it's just for looks.

Levers - I still haven't done this...I want to but mine are adjustable stock levers so I never really could make myself pay the $$.

Keep me posted on your progress!!!

07' BMW 328i Sport 6MT Tinted Tuned Chipped Shaved & Nekkid
07' GSX-R1000K7

http://www.NekkidRiders.com
Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Please, call me Brian.

The tires I'm leaning towards are the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT. I can get them locally with free install and balancing for way less than the pirelli tires.

I'm also going to be adding Factory Pro Velocity Stacks.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Full Tilt Boogie

Send a message via ICQ to Sandmansc Send a message via AIM to Sandmansc Send a message via MSN to Sandmansc Send a message via Yahoo to Sandmansc
Good pipe.

Rethink the tires.

I know there's a huge craze about the 2CT.

I have a set in the garage. They're ok for basic street riding.

Check out the WERA race forums...everyone tried them when they came out...and reported that they get greasy and slick when they are heated up and pushed hard.

Here's another cool bit of info.

Lots of dealers will tell you the 2CT is a Dual Compound Tire. That's not exactly true. The FRONT tire is a DIFFERENT compound than the REAR. However, both front and rear tire are the sound compound from edge to edge.
They are quite pricey imo.

LAYOUT of 2CT
MIDDLE = MEDIUM COMPOUND
OUTTER EDGE = MEDIUM SOFT (and it's about 1" wide)

Pirelli Corsa III on the other hand is a TRIPLE COMPOUND tire.

CENTER = Medium
MIDDLE = Medium Soft
OUTTER EDGE = Soft

This design should give you a longer lasting tire that won't wear flat spots in the middle if you ride interstates, and also offers you a race compound grip when at full lean. It also has excellent ratings in rain. I have pics of me dragging a knee in the rain with these tires.

Honestly both are good tires...In my experience Pirelli is the way to go...and it's cheaper.

My cost on a rear CorsaIII is about $127.00 and a front is $135.00

Sandmansc@NekkidRiders.com

Yell if you need anything...I try to get back on here and reply asap though.

07' GSX-R1000K7

Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Please, call me Brian.

^^Damn, that's not a bad price at all! Guess I'll have to really rethink my tire choice lol
Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Full Tilt Boogie

Shoot me an email if you need anything. I'm an insurance agent... I love what I do and I do well so I give all of my Nekkid Riders my cost on everything. Tires, gear etc

sandmansc@nekkidriders.com

07' GSX-R1000K7

Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandmansc View Post
Shoot me an email if you need anything. I'm an insurance agent... I love what I do and I do well so I give all of my Nekkid Riders my cost on everything. Tires, gear etc

sandmansc@nekkidriders.com
Cool I keep that in mind when I'm shopping around for spring riding season!