Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 03-13-2010, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3
Can anyone give me advice on windscreens for my M3?

Hello,

I'm interested in getting a windscreen to make the ride more comfortable for my kids in the back seat. I've seen several different versions and the BMW one looks great. However, it covers the back seat so I'm wondering if I even understand the concept of what these screens are for. Are they for the people in the front seats or in the back? Will anyone who has one give me their thoughts and oppinions on a windscreen for my rear seat passengers....I could really use the advice.

Thank you
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
The BMW windscreens are for people in the front seats. In fact, as you have noted, the screen covers the rear seat so no one can even sit there.

The screen works because much of the wind that hits front seat passengers is actually coming from the rear of the car - air travels up an over the windshield, then makes a downward U-turn towards the front of the car, hitting the front seat passengers in the back of their head.

I am not aware of a windscreen that would still allow people to sit in the back.
Now: 2004 330i ZHP Titanium Silver, grey leather, and 1991 325ic MTech appearance, Diamantschwarz, black leather. Previous: 2005 545i Black Sapphire Metallic, black leather, w/ sports pkg, cold weather pkg, Logic7, steptronic, navigation, satellite radio, electric rear shade, folding rear seat, Razr/Cingular phone; 2002 330cic, 1997 328ic
Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3
Cabrio330 - Great answer, thank you!!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 540i6
Yup it is for the front people. I also don't think there is one where people can sit in the back because the part that covers the back is used to support it also.