Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
New 6 Series (F13) Spy Shots Show Soft Top Design

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

Check out the latest spy shots of the new 6 series from CarAdvice. We had heard about a Geneva Autoshow launch but that is obviously out of the question. I think it is crazy that BMW is going to offer both a folding hard top and soft top. The article clearly states the soft top is soft and not a hard top in disguise, but offering both versions seems almost impossible. Would you take a 6 series soft top if there was a folding hard top option?

2011 BMW 6 Series spy photos

Here are the most revealing spy photos yet of the new BMW 6 Series cabriolet. For the first time we see the front kidney grill outlines and shape of the new headlights. This prototype also has the real taillights fitted.

It seems the new 6 Series will be available in two versions, a hardtop coupe (not yet spied) and a canvas soft top (cabriolet, as pictured). Our spy photographers said they have checked inside and “knocked” on the roof and it’s really a soft top this time.

The new 6 Series will be inspired by the CS-Concept car and the new 5 Series featuring many of the same design cues, such as the wider grille and larger headlights. Engine options may also carry over from the new 5 Series.

It is also rumoured that the new M6 will feature the twin-turbocharged V8 engine from the current X5 M and X6 M, replacing the existing V10 unit.

by Matt Brogan
Source - http://www.caradvice.com.au/60198/20...es-spy-photos/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-BMW-6-Series-Spy-Shots-with-Soft-Top_1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	221229   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-BMW-6-Series-Spy-Shots-with-Soft-Top_2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	221230   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-BMW-6-Series-Spy-Shots-with-Soft-Top_3.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	221231   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-BMW-6-Series-Spy-Shots-with-Soft-Top_4.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	221232  

This article has been viewed 2772 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
im not feelin all those weird swirly thingies.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Master of none

Mein Auto: E85
So we keep the big fat ass needed for storing the hard folder? What would be the advantage of a soft top then? Weight savings, yeah, but not so important in a 6er. I'd take a soft top on a Z4 though.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
doesnt look much different i still love the 6.