Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
AutoSpies Wonders - Is BMW Becoming Audi?

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

I know that BMWs will always drive better than Audi, but the pursuit of ever growing market share has BMW sold it soul?

It was only so long ago.

BMW used to produce only naturally-aspirated vehicles, there were very few all-wheel drive vehicles -- nor were they M's -- and the brand utilized relatively conservative designs that maintained a solid brand image across all of their line up.

Now, things have become slightly different.

There are xDrive models for nearly every class, turbocharging has become a household item and all-wheel drive has made its way into the M cars in form of the X5/6M. With BMW announcing FWD making its way into the brand, it just came across to me: this is starting to sound like another brand making headway in terms of market share; Audi.

Is BMW turning into Audi?

Well, not really. When you get into a BMW it certainly drives like a proper BMW would and even though it is an all-wheel drive M, the X5/6M are an absolute blast on and off the track. Do not get it twisted, there is still a difference between brands.

But this does not mean we should sit back and not be concerned, should we?

What do you think?

You did not think BMW was going to install those silver mirror caps on the all-new Z4 sDrive35iS and get away with it, did you?

Source - http://www.autospies.com/news/OVEREA...ng-Audi-52721/

This article has been viewed 2183 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 540i Sport (E39)
Nooo, other way around. Its obvious that BMW wanted to appeal to AWD buyers just as Mercedes 4-Matic did so they can have a much better compairson and competition. Check it out xDrive out paces Quattro and 4-Matic, with 40/60 power split that Guess Guess Audi is now doing. BMW has always had their engines back more and lower to have better 50/50 balance, better handling, and center of gravity. Guess who now does that? Audi. Everyone who takes a quick glance at an Audi says it looks like an Audi. Either way BMW is out pacing Audi and Mercedes in performance, sales, and quality.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM

Mein Auto: '97 528i, 5-speed
I always prefer BMW 'Angel Eyes' for atheistic decoration than Audi busy looking bright lights on their headlights. BTW, BMW was the first to do so and guess who follow suit?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: MBZ E350
BMW is still the most true to its brand and style...Audi and MBZ are all over the place.